Internal Medicine in Quad Cities and Muscatine, IA & IL
Get comprehensive primary care services from skilled internists at a UnityPoint Clinic location near you. Our internal medicine providers work in offices throughout the Quad Cities, Muscatine and the surrounding communities. We partner with you to manage any health challenges you face, so you can maximize your health and well-being throughout your lifetime.
Why Choose UnityPoint Clinic for Internal Medicine Care?
Internists have specialized training to help prevent, diagnose and treat conditions that affect internal organs. People choose UnityPoint Clinic internal medicine providers for our:
- Experienced providers: Our internal medicine doctors and advanced practitioners care for adults who may have any type of health problems. They diagnose and treat common conditions like the flu as well as more complex health issues, such as diabetes and kidney disease. We'll help you find a provider you trust to partner with you in your whole health.
- Convenience and easy access: You can choose a provider at any of our locations in the Quad Cities and Muscatine region. Some of our offices offer same-day appointments and extended hours to avoid unnecessary disruptions in your day. With the MyUnityPoint patient portal, you can make an appointment or ask your doctor a question without picking up the phone.
- Coordinated care: An internist often cares for people who have one or more chronic (lifelong) health conditions, including ones that affect multiple body systems. Our internists can coordinate your treatment by other specialists, such as nephrologists (kidney doctors) or oncologists (cancer doctors). Our goal is to help you stay your healthiest over the long term.
- Seamless care transitions: An integrated medical records system helps your internist follow your health. We record medical notes from your various specialist visits or hospital stays in one place so that your doctors can better manage your changing needs.
- Preventive education: Our doctors explain how a condition may affect you now and in the future. We can also suggest ways to prevent specific problems or improve your overall health.
- Straightforward scheduling: If you're looking for a new internist, our team will help you find a provider near you who is accepting new patients. They'll even set up an appointment for you. Call 309-779-7979 to schedule an appointment.
What's an Internal Medicine Doctor?
An internist is a type of primary care doctor who receives training in how to diagnose and treat a broad spectrum of common and rare diseases. Unlike family medicine doctors, internists only care for adults.
Our internists care for adults in office and hospital settings, providing:
- Preventive screenings, including Pap smears, mammogram scheduling, and blood pressure and cholesterol screenings
- Diagnosis of unexplained symptoms, such as chest pain, shortness of breath or back pain
- Prevention education and tips to prevent disease and improve your overall health
- Treatment for common problems with the skin, ears and eyes
- Collaborative care and treatment for adults affected by cancer or other diseases affecting the body's internal organs, such as the kidneys, heart and lungs
We make it easy to find an internal medicine provider who fits your needs and circumstances. Find a doctor or call 309-779-7979 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to schedule an appointment.