Level II Trauma Center
UnityPoint Health - Methodist Emergency Department is proud to be the only Level II Trauma Center in Peoria and one of just 47 Level II Trauma Centers in the state of Illinois. This means physicians, operating room staff and laboratory services are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Level II vs. Level I Trauma Centers
Methodist's Level II Trauma Center
- Our experienced trauma surgeon is available 24/7, within 30 minutes of a category I trauma alert.
- We have 24/7 CT capabilities
A Level I Trauma Center
- Has a trauma surgeon, or 4th/ 5th year surgical resident, in house 24/7
- Has 24/7 CT capabilities
Level II Trauma Center Designation
The Methodist Level II Trauma Center is not just an emergency room. The Illinois Department of Public Health has an extensive set of rules and regulations that each trauma center must follow in order to maintain their designation.
- Our medical staff, including trauma surgeons, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists, are committed 24 hours-a-day to providing outstanding healthcare, period.
- Our entire hospital staff is committed to our trauma center, including staff in emergency, surgery, respiratory therapy, laboratory, radiology, critical care, nursing, pastoral care, and rehabilitation.
- We have expert clinical resources available such as cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, ophthalmologic surgery, plastic/maxillofacial surgery, pediatric surgery, burn care, acute spinal cord injury management, and more.
- We demonstrate proven leadership in trauma education.
Methodist's Level II Trauma Team
Methodist's Level II Trauma Center is fully staffed to offer prompt general and specialty care for a range of traumas. In fact, the majority of the nurses in our trauma center are trained as trauma nurse specialists or have taken the trauma nurse core course.
Our Trauma Team Includes:
- Emergency Medicine Physician
- Trauma Surgeon
- Trauma Nurse Specialist
- Trauma Nurse
- Emergency Department Tech
- Lead Nurse
- Lab Tech
- Trauma Coordinator
- X-ray Technologist
- Unit Secretary
Medforce Air Ambulance
Methodist provides rapid air transportation via Medforce. More information coming soon!
UnityPoint Health - Methodist Emergency Department is a leader in trauma treatment, prevention, outreach and continuing education for trauma team members throughout the state.