Please Call Ahead Before Any Visit & Wear a Mask or Face Covering
To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. If you have an appointment at a UnityPoint Health location, please wear a mask or face covering.
Stop the pain. Enjoy life again.
UnityPoint Health Comprehensive Pain Center provides the highest level of care for people with chronic (long-term) and cancer pain. We are also committed to lifelong research focused on improving patient care and pain control.
The UnityPoint Health Comprehensive Pain Center has partnered with Millennium Pain Center to bring you the most advanced methods to diagnose and treat pain. Our physician and staff of registered nurses provide expert, compassionate care to control pain so you can enjoy life.
Conditions we can diagnose and treat include:
- Back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Cancer-related pain
- Neck pain, "whiplash"
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes (RSD)
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Disc, facet, and nerve root pain
- Herpetic and post-herpetic neuralgia
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Post-surgical Failed Back Syndrome
- Post-Traumatic Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Spinal Compression Fractures
- Workplace Injuries
The medical team will work with you to choose the treatment that is best for you.
Depending on your condition, treatment options for pain may include:
- Lumbar (low back) epidural injections
- Cervical (neck) epidural injections
- Thoracic (upper back) epidural injections
- Caudal (very low back) epidural injections
- Facet joint injections
- Joint injections: sacroiliac, shoulder, hip, and knee
- Nerve blocks
- Radiofrequency and pulsed-radiofrequency of painful nerves
- Implantable technology:
- Drug Infusion Pump
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulator