Primary Care in Peoria, IL
UnityPoint Clinic's team includes several types of primary care doctors to meet the diverse needs of families in Peoria and the surrounding central Illinois community. Choose from more than 40 clinics located conveniently throughout the region. With evening hours and same-day appointments, you have more choice in how to balance your health with the rest of your life.
High-Quality Primary Care Throughout Central Illinois
Whether you're looking for preventive health tips or treatment for a routine illness, we can help. Our primary medical doctors get to know you on a personal level and are invested in helping you live your best life.
Don't have a doctor? Use our online Find a Doctor tool to request a new appointment.
- Experience: Family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics and women's health: Our primary care specialists are trained to diagnose and treat a wide spectrum of routine and complex issues affecting people of all ages.
- Convenience: Our strategically located primary care clinics ensure more people can access high-quality primary care, close to home. Peoria, Pekin and Metamora are just three of more than 40 practices you can choose from. Find one near you that best meets your needs.
- Easy scheduling: It's simple to change your primary care physician or schedule a sick appointment. Call the clinic of your choosing to speak with one of our friendly schedulers. Same-day appointments are sometimes possible. You can also request an appointment online at your convenience.
- Strong community ties: Some of our doctors have decades of experience caring for members of this community. We'll partner with you to maximize your family's well-being, today and for years to come.
- Coordinated care for complex concerns: If your doctor recommends surgery or a second opinion on a complex health issue, we have your back. Our primary care team works closely with UnityPoint Health's network of specialists, including orthopedic surgeons and neurologists. We coordinate your care seamlessly.
Examples of Primary Care
At UnityPoint Clinic, we help you connect with a provider who fits your unique needs. Our primary care team includes specialists in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics and women's health.
- Family medicine: Family medicine providers can be doctors, nurse practitioners or physician assistants. These medical professionals receive a high level of training to provide primary care services for people of all ages. They can help your entire family get or stay healthy, with a focus on prevention. Family providers can also guide you in managing lifelong conditions, such as diabetes, or connect you with specialists, should you ever need one.
- Internal medicine: Internal medicine focuses on the body's internal organs. Internal medicine doctors (called internists) care for adults only. They have special training in how to prevent, diagnose and treat conditions that affect multiple areas of your body.
- Pediatrics: Our board-certified pediatricians work with parents and families to promote the growth and development of kids of all ages, from newborns to teenagers. We have 3 pediatric primary care clinics, offering extended hours and same-day appointments. We believe everyone should have access to outstanding children's health care, close to home.
- Women's health: We offer comprehensive women's health care, tailored to your needs and preferences. Our women's health clinics provide preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for women of all ages. Our pregnancy care focuses on the health of mom and baby while prioritizing what women envision for their birth experience.
Where Should I Go for Care?
Illnesses and injuries can happen at any time. What should you do when you need your doctor's advice, but your primary care office can't see you? We can guide you to the right type of care for your situation.
- Walk-in care: At our urgent care and UnityPoint Clinic – Express locations, we'll get you in front of a medical provider fast, because you don't need an appointment. Our urgent care clinics are open late and on weekends. Just walk in or reserve your spot online. You can get treated for many common medical problems, such as minor injuries, cold and flu symptoms or any issue that concerns you but isn't life-threatening.
- Virtual care: Virtual care offers an extra layer of convenience, allowing you to speak to a medical provider on your computer or phone, from wherever you are for $39 or less, depending on insurance. Our virtual care providers are available 24/7 via secure online video to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical problems. Other issues, such as nutrition or mental health counseling, require you to schedule an appointment.
- Emergency care: If you ever believe your life (or someone else's) is in danger, call 911 or head to the ER. Our hospital emergency departments provide high-quality care for serious injuries and health issues, such as heart attacks and stroke, high fevers and motor vehicle injuries.
Use our find a doctor tool to connect easily with a primary care provider that fits your unique needs. You can also request an appointment online or call 309-672-4848 to schedule an appointment.