Individuals interested in the Child Life Practicum Program should follow the time schedule for application procedure.
Fall Semester Practicum
- Application Due: June 15
- Practicum Dates: September - November
Spring Semester Practicum
- Application Due: November 15
- Practicum Dates: February - April
1. Click here to download the application. Please remember, all students must be affiliated with a university/college during their practicum.
2. Please mail your application along with the following items:
- A current resume
- A copy of your unofficial transcript(s)
- Letter from your supervisor(s) from your hospital volunteer experience verifying 60 volunteer hours and volunteer duties
- Two letters of reference in sealed, signed envelopes
3. We strongly recommend that applicants have a student membership with the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP).
An interview is required for practicum selection. You may be contacted for an interview, after your application, transcript, and recommendations are reviewed. If it is impossible to arrange an onsite interview, one can be arranged via video call.
Housing arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
The following vaccinations or tests and screenings need to be completed and documented by your school or family doctor prior to your start date:
- Proof of current vaccinations/skin tests
- Proof of Flu Shot
- Drug Screen and Criminal Background Check
No stipend is paid to the Child Life student; parking is free of charge.
May be purchased or department copies may be used by the student.
Child Life students are required to complete one hundred and twenty (120) hours over ten (10) weeks.