Orthopedic Surgery Options at Methodist and Proctor
At UnityPoint Health, we understand that your orthopedic needs are as unique as you are. Whether you have a robotic-assisted or traditional surgery, we'll provide options and care to help make your surgery a success.
UnityPoint Health – Methodist is the only hospital in Peoria with advanced robotic-assisted knee, hip and spine surgeries including Mazor X™. Our Midwest Orthopaedic Hospital at UnityPoint Health – Proctor offers Mako™ and ROSA Robotic Systems knee, hip and spine surgeries in the Peoria area.
Why Choose Us? Your Orthopedic Surgery Options
Whether you're having an advanced robotic-assisted knee or spine surgery or a high-quality traditional surgery, we're here to provide the latest in advanced medical care. Your dedicated care team will help you prepare for your orthopedic surgery and recovery. You'll find:
- Orthopedic-trained staff: Your nurses and other clinical staff know joints. They can provide focused care, quickly assess issues and know what to do if there is a problem.
- Robotic surgery: Robotic-assisted surgeries use a computer to create a 3D model of your joint and build a replacement that fits your body. The robot also helps the surgeon position the new joint or spinal fusion hardware to feel as natural and comfortable as possible. You and your doctor will decide if robotic-assisted surgery is the best option for you. Methodist Hospital is the only location in Peoria that offers robotic-assisted:
- Traditional surgery: A traditional orthopedic surgery option might be the best choice for you. You and your surgeon will make that decision based on your medical history and the status of your orthopedic illness or injury.
- Personalized care: We've built our orthopedics surgery programs around you. You'll get great care, high quality and our personal touch with any surgery, whether traditional or robotic.
What Is Robotic-Assisted Orthopedic Surgery?
You may have been living with discomfort for a while. Or perhaps an injury has sidelined your active life. Robotic-assisted surgery may be the option that reduces your pain and gets you back to your routine faster.
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery System™ (Mako)
The Mako robot creates a 3D model of your joint. It takes exact measurements of your body so an implant can be built specifically for you.
The Mako system can be used for:
- Partial knee replacement: If you have early to mid-stage arthritis damage but it isn't affecting your whole knee
- Total knee replacement: If your entire knee is damaged and you have pain from arthritis
- Total hip replacement: If you have inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid, psoriatic or gouty types) or non-inflammatory hip joint disease (osteoarthritis caused by normal wear and tear)
Surgeons receive specialized training before they begin performing joint replacements using the Mako. The experts in advanced Mako technology from Midwest Orthopaedics are:
- Thomas Mulvey, MD
- Jeffrey Akeson, MD
- Michael Gibbons, MD
- Luke Luetkemeyer, MD
- Chukwunenye Osuji, MD
Mazor X™ Robotic Spine Surgery System (Mazor X)
We partner with Midwest Orthopaedics to offer the world-class Mazor X Robotic Spine Surgery System at UnityPoint Health – Methodist.
Mazor X robotic surgery helps:
- Reduce your pain after surgery
- Speed your recovery
- Lower the chance of complications
Mazor X creates a 3D model to help your surgeon plan your spine surgery procedure. Its robotic arm helps your doctor place implants accurately and in the best position for your body's specific structure. The expert in advanced Mazor X technology from Midwest Orthopaedics is:
Tools to Help You Prepare for Orthopedic Surgery
We've got classes and the information you need to get ready for a strong recovery. You can learn what to expect from your joint replacement in our Orthopedic Academy class. Or find out more by reading our:
Call UnityPoint Health – Peoria Orthopedic Services at 833-662-3278 with questions or to set up an appointment.
Methodist Orthopedic Services
Mazor X™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery
221 NE Glen Oak Ave.
Peoria, IL 61636
Proctor Orthopedic Services
Midwest Orthopaedic Hospital
5409 N Knoxville Ave.
Peoria, IL 61614
Pekin Orthopedic Services
600 S. 13th St.
Pekin, IL 61554
You can also get directions and maps