Your Cancer Navigator Team
Living with cancer can be difficult. Getting the care you need shouldn't be. Our cancer nurse navigators and psychosocial services specialist support you and your family throughout the entire cancer care process. Our No. 1 job is to serve as your guide throughout the treatment process, easing your way however we can.
Our Oncology Nurse Navigators
Our care navigators wear many hats, all revolving around patients and families. We're here to provide information, support and resources through every phase of cancer care.
Our patient navigators:
- Work closely with your other providers (such as cancer doctors, nurses or psychologists) to more easily get you the care you need
- Provide information on your diagnosis and explain what you can expect during treatment
- Check in with you regularly (by phone or in person) to assess your needs
- Help communicate potential concerns to your other providers
- Make sure any follow-up appointments or tests you need get scheduled
- Coordinate referrals to other specialists as needed
- Create a survivorship care plan to help you focus on your health after cancer treatment
Our Psychosocial Services Specialist
Our psychosocial services specialist provides support to cancer patients and caregivers as you manage the changing demands unique to cancer. She can help you handle the emotional stresses of cancer. And she'll guide you to resources that may benefit you.
Our psychosocial services specialist:
- Helps you identify challenges
- Guides you to useful resources relating to transportation, financial, child care, food or housing concerns
- Provides emotional support and stress management through short-term free counseling services for individuals, couples and families
- Refers you to any other services that may benefit you, such as support and networking groups, peer-to-peer support or long-term counseling
Learn more about our cancer support groups.
Get the type of cancer support you need, easily. Call 309-672-4224
to connect with one of our helpful cancer navigators. You can reach our psychosocial services specialist at 309-672-5785