UnityPoint Health - Methodist Birthing Center in Peoria
At UnityPoint Health – Methodist Birthing Center, we know that birth stories can be sentimental, hectic, comical and stressful. We're here to help make yours everything you want it to be. We serve the Peoria area, and we're located just 12 miles from Pekin.
Methodist Birthing Center delivers nearly 2,000 amazing babies each year. Our team of health care professionals treats each delivery as a unique experience. The Birthing Center gives you personalized care and support from the start of your pregnancy through your first months at home with your baby.
We're Ready To See You Now
At UnityPoint Health, we know you may have lots of questions and concerns around COVID-19. To help, we've compiled a list of common questions and answers around What to Expect When Delivering During COVID-19.
Labor and Delivery at Methodist Hospital: Why Choose Us?
Our nurses, case managers and lactation specialists work closely with you and your midwife or physician. Having your baby at the Birthing Center means modern rooms and technology designed to make your birth experience comfortable and safe.
And while it's rare, sometimes things don't go as planned. We have your back (and your baby's). A neonatologist and other essential members of our team are available 24/7 in case of labor complications.
Our breastfeeding support programs and other programs help keep you and baby healthy when you go home. We offer services for family planning, too. We want to be your partner in building your family, your way.
Low-Intervention, Personalized Care: What's Available at Methodist?
You've done the research and made choices about your baby's birth. You may be planning a natural birth, or you might decide you need pain medications or will have a C-section. No matter how you are welcoming your new baby, we have the tools to make it happen.
- Your birth plan choices: We work with you and your doctor or midwife during your pregnancy. Together, we plan for a low-intervention delivery. You can start making your birth plan now. You might include:
- Support from a nurse-midwife for a more personal and natural approach to labor and delivery
- Options such as nitrous oxide and water therapy to manage contractions and discomfort naturally
- Birthing balls and wireless fetal monitors to let you move around during labor
- Baby-friendly approach: You and your baby will be together as much as possible during your stay. Nursery support is available for families needing extra care. Learn more about baby-friendly first days.
- Comfort and convenience: To make your experience easier and safer, you'll move through check-in and into your private room as quickly as possible. At the Birthing Center, you and your family spend the first days with your baby in a private room. Our postpartum team keeps interruptions to a minimum.
- Breastfeeding assistance: A lactation specialist works with you to make sure breastfeeding is going well and help work out any problems. If you are not able to breastfeed, we'll help you set up a healthy feeding plan for your baby.
- Support into your "fourth trimester": Get help in baby's first months — your "fourth trimester" — with tools that help you take care of yourself and watch for postpartum issues. New moms can get breastfeeding advice from home with our video breastfeeding programs.
Start getting ready for your delivery now. We can help you understand what to expect and plan your preferred birth experience. Get to know us when you:
- Request a brochure: Fill out an email form and we'll send a brochure right away.
- Tour the Birthing Center in Peoria: Let us show you our beautiful rooms and your options to personalize your baby's arrival. Call 309-672-4852 to schedule a tour.
- Sign up for free and low-cost classes: Find classes for you and your birth partner and even siblings. See our Classes and Events page or call 309-671-2522.
- Preregister: Register for birth care to reserve your space. Preregister now.