Lung Cancer Care
At UnityPoint Health Cancer Services - Methodist, you'll find the latest lung cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment options close to home. While a lung cancer diagnosis can be frightening, we offer treatments for every stage of lung cancer.
Our expert care team guides you through appointments and decisions. We explain your treatment options and help you connect to support services.
Lung Cancer Care at UnityPoint Health – Methodist
When you choose UnityPoint Health, you have access to advanced lung cancer care nearby. Here you'll find:
- Advanced early screening technology: Cancer experts recognize that improvements in screening technology help save lives. Our advanced low dose computed tomography (LDCT) lung cancer screening provides accurate results so you can start treatment sooner.
- Specialized care navigators: We ease the stress of cancer care by organizing appointments and explaining tests and options. We aim to keep your diagnosis and treatment moving. Our cancer navigator team helps coordinate your care from your first screening through recovery.
- Leading lung cancer therapies: Lung cancer care has advanced quickly in recent years. We offer the latest lung cancer treatments, including immunotherapy, targeted therapy and clinical trials. Our care team helps you understand lung cancer and your many treatment options.
- Ongoing support: You're not in this alone. Our cancer support services team and cancer support groups help you manage the emotional, mental health and relationship impacts of cancer.
Early Lung Cancer Screening
Our team understands that getting a lung cancer screening or diagnosis can be stressful. We're here to explain how early screening and diagnosis can help if you are at risk for lung cancer.
Your Dedicated Lung Cancer Team
Your care team supports you from your first screening through recovery. You'll have the support of an expert team of lung cancer treatment experts. Your care team may include:
- Oncologists: Oncologists specialize in the treatment of cancer. You may work with:
- Medical oncologists, who specialize in treating lung cancer
- Radiation oncologists, who use radiation to treat lung cancer
- Thoracic surgeons: These surgeons specialize in operations involving the chest.
- Pulmonologists: Pulmonologists specialize in the treatment of lung disease. They can help with treatment and easing your symptoms.
- Oncology nurses: These nurses have specialized training and are experts in working with people who have cancer. Your nurse helps you and your family adjust to treatment and its impact on your life.
- Cancer care navigators: Our navigation team helps you with many aspects of your care. Their support includes organizing appointments, helping you stay healthy during treatment and creating strategies to talk to friends and family. Learn more about our cancer navigator team.
Get the cancer support services you need, easily. Call 309-672-4224 to connect with one of our helpful cancer navigators. Or reach your lung cancer navigators:
Lung Cancer Navigator
Trevella Fleming, RN, BSN
Lung Screening Navigator
Tammy Pierson, Oncology Care Specialist