The Living Room
Feeling Stress, Anxiety, or Sadness?
The Living Room provides a safe and supportive setting for individuals to connect with qualified staff for crisis intervention, safety planning, goal setting, and other supportive services.
Walk-In Mental Health Care
To best serve you, any adult 18 and older can arrive as a walk-in to talk with our trained staff. We are here for you. Enrollment in services is not required. Walk-in hours are Monday - Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Living Room staff are also available by phone 7 days a week, Monday - Sunday from 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
The Living Room offers the following services, no appointment necessary:
- Support by trained staff including certified recovery specialists
- Assistance with problem solving and goal setting
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- Linkage to referrals such as food, housing, and healthcare services
- Healthy refreshments
Funding is provided in whole or in part by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace Community Crisis Center
130 North Richard Pryor Place
Peoria, IL 61605
- Walk-in hours are Monday - Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Living Room staff are also available by phone, Monday - Sunday from 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
For more information call (309) 671-8084. For emergencies, call 911.
UnityPoint Health-UnityPlace and its subsidiaries, the Human Service Center and the Tazwood Mental Health Center, Inc. (d/b/a the Tazwood Center for Wellness), are affiliates within the Central Illinois region of UnityPoint Health (UPH–Central Illinois). Additional UPH–Central Illinois affiliates/departments include, but are not limited to, The Methodist Medical Center of Illinois (Methodist), Proctor Hospital (Proctor), the Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery (a department of Proctor), and Pekin Memorial Hospital.