Internal Medicine in Peoria, IL
At UnityPoint Clinic, you have access to friendly, qualified internists. Internal medicine doctors provide comprehensive primary care services tailored to your needs and circumstances.
Our team has years of experience caring for families in central Illinois. We have multiple internal medicine clinics in and around Peoria, so you can conveniently get the care you need.
Why Choose UnityPoint Clinic Internal Medicine Specialists?
Our internal medicine doctors (internists) have deep expertise in how to prevent, diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions that affect the body's organs in different ways.
When you visit UnityPoint Clinic, you'll find:
- Experienced doctors: Our board-certified internal medicine doctors provide specialized care for adults affected by a broad scope of health problems. They diagnose and treat common illnesses such as the flu. They can also handle more complicated concerns like autoimmune disease or cancer.
- Care for complex health challenges: We have in-depth experience helping people manage complex health conditions. You can partner with our team to minimize potential complications and improve your health and well-being. We're invested in helping you optimize your long-term health so you can enjoy what you love most in life.
- Convenience and easy access: With our internal medicine clinics throughout central Illinois, you can connect with a doctor near your home or work. Same-day appointments and evening hours help you fit appointments into your life with less stress.
- Team mindset: Depending on your needs, our internists may consult with other specialists to coordinate your care. This team approach helps us address conditions that affect your health, now and in the years ahead.
What Is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine is a medical specialty that falls under primary care. Internal medicine doctors diagnose and treat diseases that affect one or more of the body's internal organs. While internal medicine is like family medicine in some ways, internists only care for adults.
Our Internal Medicine Services
Our internists offer preventive, diagnostic and treatment services in office and hospital settings. We provide:
- Preventive screenings, including mammograms, Pap smears and blood pressure and cholesterol screenings
- Diagnosis of unexplained symptoms, such as chest pain, shortness of breath or back pain
- Prevention education to prevent disease complications and improve your overall health
- Treatment for common problems with the skin, ears and eyes
- Collaborative care and treatment for adults affected by cancer or other diseases affecting the body's internal organs, such as the kidneys, heart and lungs
Use our find a doctor tool to connect easily with a family medicine provider who fits your family's needs. Request an appointment online or call 309-672-4848 to schedule an appointment.