Gynecologic Oncology Services in Peoria, IL
The coordinated gynecologic oncology services at UnityPoint Health Gynecologic Oncology - Methodist give cancer patients the tools to fight back. Our gynecologic oncology service line specializes in cancers affecting women's reproductive organs, including the cervix, endometrium, uterus, Fallopian tubes, ovaries, vulva, and vagina.
We are committed to quality and will be here for you and your family through every step of your battle with gynecologic cancer. We use a multidisciplinary team approach bringing together the members of our gynecologic oncology treatment team to discuss the best practice for our patients to help ensure the best outcomes. Using our extensive experience dealing with every stage of this disease, our cutting-edge treatments, and vast resources, we will do everything we can to help.
Meet Our Gynecologic Oncologist
Our Gynecologic Oncology Clinic Offers:
Coordinated Clinical Care
UnityPoint Health's integrated approach to cancer treatment means close collaboration with pathologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, and open communication with all providers involved in patient care. Together, we provide a combination of accurate diagnosis, surgical expertise, cutting-edge radiation therapy, and coordinated compassionate care. Other resources at UnityPoint Health include:
- Oncology Nurse Navigators who provide education, guidance, and support throughout each patient's journey and help access resources at UnityPoint Health and in the community.
- Physician specialists (medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, primary care providers) who meet with the entire care team to discuss treatment plans and coordination of care.
- Radiation oncologists who employ state-of-the-art radiation therapy tools to treat ovarian cancer patients accurately and effectively.
- Support services including counseling, support groups, nutrition services, and other community resources.
- Genetic testing and counseling which can help people gauge their risk for ovarian cancer. When results are "positive," patients can take more aggressive steps to control individual risk factors, which may include lifestyle modification, additional screening, careful monitoring and follow-up tests.
- Survivorship Clinic to provide patients with the needed support following treatment. Our program focuses on the health and life of a person with cancer beyond the diagnosis and treatment phases.
At UnityPoint Health we offer a range of gynecologic surgeries and procedures. This includes minimally invasive, robotic surgery options.
Types of Gynecologic Surgeries and Procedures:
- Vaginal repair and delivery
Call (309) 671-7773 for more information.