Frequently Asked Questions
How many hours to I need?
- EMR/FR needs 60 hours in 4 years
- EMT needs 100 hours in 4 years
- EMT-I need 110 hours in 4 years
- Paramedic needs 120 hours in 4 years
- Must have valid CPR card EMT-I and EMT-P need ACLS, PALS, ITLS along with CPR
Where do I send my information?
Scan, fax or bring your hours to UnityPoint Health – Proctor EMS office. Please contact Douglas Richardson for an appointment.
What about the fee?
Pay IDPH fee online, with the PIN sent to you.
What if I need a Volunteer Waiver?
If you need a Volunteer Waiver Form, please download it from the Illinois Department of Public Health website and send it to the EMS office with your hours.