Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
We believe to support diversity is to honor the ways in which people are unique as well as how they are similar. You can expect a welcoming environment that supports our organizational values and treats everyone with dignity and respect. Our inclusive environment will deliver better experiences, achieve superior results and create a strong and inspired workforce.
Join the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
To foster a culture that respects, includes, embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms in our recruitment efforts for new team members and our retention efforts for current employees through training and development, mentoring and advancement opportunities. We will focus on creating an environment where all people are treated with dignity and respect.
Our goal is to bring our diverse groups of individuals together as one group, coming together as one team, embracing and celebrating our differences and living out our (FOCUS) values.
How do we live Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion through our values?
- Seek to understand and be open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- How we do it - Listen first to understand.
Own the Moment
- Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- How we do it - Be accessible and welcoming.
- Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
- How we do it - Learn from others; Share stories and celebrate accomplishments.
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
- How we do it - Build open and sincere relationships; Identify opportunities where we can be better.
Ways to Get Involved
Join the Diversity & Inclusion Committee
We would love to have you on the Diversity & Inclusion Committee at UnityPoint Health - Central Illinois. Within the committee we also offer four subcommittees, providing you with the option to get even more involved.
Get Involved Today
Join an Employee Resource Group
- Young Professionals Employee Resource Group
- LGBTQ Employee Resource Group
- African American Employee Resource Group
Volunteer in the Community
EPIC, Dream Center, Habitat for Humanity, Advocates for Access, Illinois Institute for Rehab Services, Jobs Partnership