Updates, Closings & Restrictions
Please Call Ahead Before Any Visit & Wear a Mask or Face Covering
To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. If you have an appointment at a UnityPoint Health location, please wear a mask or face covering.
Visitor Restrictions Now In Place
The changes are effective immediately at all inpatient locations of UnityPoint Health – Central Illinois.
Support people allowed within our inpatient facilities must be healthy. We strongly recommend you do not visit if you are displaying signs or symptoms of an influenza-like illness, which includes a fever, with cough or sore throat. If you show symptoms, you may be asked to leave.
Inpatient Visiting Hours
- Methodist, Pekin, Proctor: 8 am to 6 pm (7 days a week)
- Methodist: daily from 5 am to 6 pm
- Pekin: daily from 5:30 am to 6 pm
- Proctor: daily from 5:30 am to 5 pm
Inpatient Units (excluding Rehab/TCC and Gero-Psych at Proctor), Outpatient Tests/Procedures, ER Patients, Labor and Delivery/Post-Partum
- One support person per patient at a time within the facility. No support person under the age of 18 is allowed (except for end of life care).
- Inpatient Units: All support persons must remain in the patient's room at all times except when the patient is receiving care that requires privacy or while a procedure is being performed. In those cases, a support person may use a designated waiting room while maintaining a social distance from other waiting room visitors.
- Children 18 and younger may have 2 adults.
- Pediatric and Special Care nursery infants may have both parents accompany the patient throughout their stay.
Deceased Patients non-COVID or COVID
- Only two family members in total can view the body after death. Any additional should be directed to view the body at the funeral home.
End of Life Inpatients
Two support people 18 years or over at one time; can rotate people. Clergy will be allowed but will be counted as 1 of the 2-support people.
One support person per patient. No support person under the age of 18. The support person will be allowed to go to the pre-op area and wait in the designated waiting room during the procedure.
We understand these restrictions may impose an inconvenience to some families, but it's an important step to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
If you have patients or families that need assistance setting up a virtual visit, please send an email request to Patient_Advocate@unitypoint.org.
Enter "virtual visit" in the subject line and please include the patient's name, room number and family contact info. Assistance is available from 8am- 5pm M- F.
For more ways to protect against the spread of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza, and for the latest updates and guidance in this rapidly evolving situation, please visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Peoria City and County Health Department, Tazewell Health Department, and Illinois Department of Public Health.
Updates and Cancellations
Moms Matter - Maternal Mental Health Support Groups at UnityPoint Health - Methodist and UnityPoint Health - Methodist North are cancelled until further notice.
UnityPoint Health - Methodist Birthing Center Tours are cancelled until further notice.
Bariatric Weight Loss Orientation and Support Group - March dates have been cancelled.
Outpatient Imaging is available at UnityPoint Health - Methodist North only.
Valet Parking at UnityPoint Health - Methodist is closed until further notice.
Cafeteria and Café at all campuses:
- All cafeterias will remain open selling take-out food, grab and go and bottle beverages. (Visitor restriction applies.)
The cafeteria dining/seating areas will be closed until further notice.
The Proctor Soda shop will remain closed until further notice.
The Pekin Nearly Nu will remain closed until further notice.
The Methodist Café is open. (Visitor restriction applies.)
All campus gift shops are closed until further notice.