Child Life Volunteer
The Child Life Program at UnityPoint Health - Methodist relies heavily on the support and enthusiasm of our Child Life volunteers. Volunteers are an essential part of our programs success. Volunteers help the Child Life Specialist to aid children and families while in the hospital. They are utilized in the pediatric activity room, pediatric bedside, and the Emergency Department.
Child Life Volunteers Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning and implementation of activities for our pediatric patients
- Facilitate arts and craft activities
- Read stories
- Holding and comforting children
- Setup and clean the activity room
- Help clean toys, materials, and play area to comply with health standards
- Assist with restocking and organizing Child Life materials and supplies
- Prepare materials for special events and special projects
The Child Life Volunteer Program is meant for individuals in the community with an interest in pursuing Child Life as a career path.
At this time, we are not accepting interviews for the Child Life Volunteer program. We will be accepting interviews again April 2019. Thank you for your interest.
For more information, please contact Christine Czapek, MS, CCLS, CPST - Child Life Program Volunteer Supervisor at Christine Czapek or call the Child Life office at (309) 671-2145.