Teachers & Staff
The Methodist Family Child Care Center is staffed by qualified professional educators who are both well trained and experienced in working with young children. Experienced support and supervisory staff provide the resources and help needed for the teaching staff to succeed and thrive in the classrooms. All teachers are certified in CPR, First Aid, and Food Handler training. Fingerprinting, background checks and health screenings are conducted on all employees and volunteers.
- Lead Teacher II* is director qualified. The teacher has at least 64 college credits, with at least 21 hours in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development, and experience. Additionally, the teacher must have an Early Childhood Education Credential Level 3 or higher.
- Lead Teachers* are teacher qualified. They have at least 60 college credits, with at least 18 in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development, and experience.
*Interesting to note that the majority of our teachers are either Lead Teacher II or Lead Teacher. This is something we are very proud to share!
- Assistant Teachers are teacher qualified. They have at least 30 college credits, with at least 6 college credits in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development and experience.
- Child Care Aids assist the qualified teachers in the classroom.
- Volunteers and members of the Foster Grandparent Program are also important to the Child Care Center. They serve as extra adults in the classrooms, giving extra attention to children while assisting the homeroom teachers.
- The Child Care Center's Café Aid is certified in Food Service Sanitation.
- Child Care Representative Julie Thames assists families with payments and necessary documentation.
- Kindergarten Teacher Elizabeth Doye is certified with the Illinois State Board of Education with an Early Childhood Education Certification (type 04) and many years of experience. She has a Bachelor's Degree.
- Child Care Coordinator Julie Harms is director qualified and acts as the on-site director in the absence of the Manager of Child Care Services. She has an Associate's Degree in Child Development with many years of experience.
- Sarah Schertz, On-Site Director, has a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education with an Early Childhood Education Certificate and many years of experience teaching kindergarten.