Teachers & Staff
The Methodist Family Child Care Center is staffed by qualified professional educators who are both well trained and experienced in working with young children. Experienced support and supervisory staff provide the resources and help needed for the teaching staff to succeed and thrive in the classrooms.
- Lead Teachers are director qualified. They have at least 60 college credits, with at least 18 in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development, and experience. They are also certified in CPR and First Aid. The majority of teachers at MFCCC are Lead Teachers.
- Assistant Teachers are teacher qualified. They have at least 30 college credits, with at least 6 college credits in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development and Experience. They are also certified in CPR.
- Child Care Aids assist the Lead Teacher or Assistant Teacher in the classroom.
- Kindergarten Teacher Sarah Schertz is certified with the Illinois State Board of Education with an Early Childhood Education Certification (type 04) and many years of experience. She has a Bachelor's Degree and is certified in CPR and First Aid.
- The Child Care Center's Cafe Aid is certified in Food Service Sanitation, CPR and First Aid.
- Child Care Representative Julie Thames assists families with payments and necessary documentation.
- Volunteers and members of the Foster Grandparent Program are also important to the Child Care Center. They serve as extra adults in the classrooms, giving extra attention to children while assisting the homeroom teachers.
- Child Care Coordinator Julie Harms is director qualified and acts as the on-site director in the absence of the Manager of Child Care Services. She has an Associate's Degree in Child Development with many years of experience. She is certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Lee Ann Isbell, Manager of Child Care Services & On-Site Director at Methodist, has a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, an Associate's Degree in Child Development and many years of experience. She is certified in CPR and First Aid.
Fingerprinting, background checks and health screenings are conducted on all employees and volunteers.