Cancer Support Services
At UnityPoint Health – Methodist Cancer Care Services, treating cancer is just one part of what we do. Our cancer navigation team helps you prioritize your whole health. We can guide you to many support services and resources available to you through UnityPoint Health and other organizations. We can also get you connected with key services like financial, and transportation assistance programs.
Meet and get inspired by our community's cancer survivors at a local support group. You can also participate in wellness services tailored to cancer patients at the local Hult Center for Healthy Living.
Counseling and Support Services
We offer individual support to help you address the emotional, psychological and social toll cancer takes on your life.
Our oncology social worker is available to help assess your needs and connect you with various supportive resources, including counseling services, peer support programs, and support groups.
Wellness Community Resources
We partner with the Hult Center for Healthy Living, a local nonprofit organization, to maximize your health and improve your life through every stage of cancer care.
The Hult Center for Healthy Living offers many oncology support programs and services to support healthy living. Many programs are at little to no cost to you. For more information, call 309-692-6650 or visit the Hult Center for Healthy Living.
Wellness services include:
- Nutrition services: Get personalized nutrition guidance from a registered dietitian on how and what to eat during cancer treatment. Proper nutrition can help you manage treatment side effects, heal faster and feel better.
- Counseling: The Hult Center for Healthy Living provides one-on-one counseling for individuals, caregivers, and families. These programs can help you learn and get support from people who have similar life experiences.
- Massage: Try out an oncology massage by a massage therapist trained in the unique needs of people affected by cancer.
- Healthy living classes: Cancer patients and families can take part in wellness classes at no cost. The center offers aerobics, strength training, yoga, tai ji (also called tai chi) and Pilates classes to accommodate a range of schedules and abilities.
- Breast cancer survivor support: Learn the role that diet and activity play in breast cancer survivorship. Gain the tools you need to stay healthy after breast cancer treatment.
American Cancer Society Resources
The American Cancer Society offers a variety of programs and resources for cancer patients and survivors in the Peoria area. Learn more about the resources available to you by calling 800-227-2345 or visiting the American Cancer Society.
Get the cancer support services you need, easily. Call 309-672-4224
to connect with one of our helpful cancer navigators.