Raising Awareness of Activities Intended to Raise Funds for the Child Protection Center at Allen Hospital
Allen Child Protection Center Recognizes Child Abuse Prevention Month
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and the Allen Child Protection Center (ACPC) is taking the opportunity to promote awareness and raise funds for the occasion. The ACPC has planned events throughout the month of April for people to engage with to help make this a happier and safer community for children.
- March 31: The community is encouraged to wear blue on this day to help us kick off Child Abuse Prevention Month. ACPC team members will also wear blue every Friday throughout the month.
- April 1-30: Help the ACPC raise some money for our future patients, while enjoying a treat. If you purchase a special Blue Popcorn mix at Here’s What’s Poppin’ in Cedar Falls, 50% of the proceeds will go to the ACPC.
- April 6: The ACPC is hosting a virtual spring training for professionals and parents.
- April 11: Participate in the “Together We Care” promotion at Applebee’s in Waterloo. If you order from a special menu, 50% of the proceeds go to the ACPC.
- April 18-21: As part Child Abuse Prevention Month, we’re raising some dough for the ACPC with some help from our friends at ICON Donuts & Sweetery. If you pre-order blue donuts (a half-dozen for $15 or a dozen for $22.50), a percentage of the proceeds goes to the ACPC. The donuts will be available for pick-up April 18-21. Call (319) 888-4035 to pre-order now.