Patient Safety and Infection Control
A patient's safety is a priority at UnityPoint Health – Marshalltown. Physicians, nurses, therapists, other caregivers and volunteers will work to provide safe care while you are here and to protect you against accidental injury. We encourage all patients and families to help create a safe environment and offer suggestions that could protect patients.
The single most important way you can help is to be an active member of your health care team. Our patients and families are encouraged to SPEAK UP if there are questions or concerns.
- Notice the medications you are given, and ask for information about them.
- Ask all health care workers who have contact with you if they have washed their hands or used a hand disinfectant.
- Find out why tests and treatments are needed – and what the results are.
- Follow the instructions given to you by caregivers.
- There is no smoking within the hospital.
- No matches or lighters are allowed in your room.