LiveWell Ask the Expert
With Dr. Lance VanGundy / ER Medical Director and Physician
At UnityPoint Health – Marshalltown, we think you're amazing, and we want to keep you that way. That's why we provide tips and information to help keep you healthy. Check out the audio segments below with Dr. Lance VanGundy, our ER Medical Director and Physician, as he answers some commonly asked questions about health care.
2021 – Fall Edition
- Are you still seeing the effect of the pandemic at the hospital?
- Should people be reluctant to get vaccinated because the vaccines were rushed to market?
- What's this virtual waiting room and how does it work?
- Does UnityPoint Health offer women's health care in Marshalltown?
2021 – COVID-19 Vaccine Edition
- Is the COVID-19 vaccine effective?
- What kind of side effects can you expect with the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How does the COVID-19 vaccine work?
- If I've had COVID-19, do I really need to get the vaccine?
- Will the COVID-19 vaccine affect my fertility?
- Should I get the COVID-19 vaccine if I have allergies?
- Will I need to wear a mask after I get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Is the COVID-19 vaccine expensive?
- Is there a shortage of the COVID-19 vaccine?
2020 – Fall Edition
- Considering COVID-19, is it safe to go to UnityPoint Health – Marshalltown?
- With the pandemic still present, what kinds of appointments are you welcoming now?
- I see UnityPoint Health offers something called virtual care. What is that and how does it work?
- With the ER seeing COVID-19 patients, is it safe to be seen there for other symptoms?
- Urgent care became UnityPoint Clinic Express earlier this year. What does that mean?
- With the move to an expanded South Campus, are we keeping all the services we have now?
- What has surprised you during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Why is the emergency department more expensive than urgent care?
- Does UnityPoint Health provide women's care in Marshalltown?
- What is a "virtual waiting room"?
- Urgent care vs. ER: When to use one or the other.
- What kinds of medical issues are seen in the emergency department?
- How does the emergency department triage process work?
- What kinds of medical issues are seen in Urgent Care?
- Does it cost me more to use the ER instead of Urgent Care?
- What is the role of a primary care provider?
- What are the signs of a heart attack?
- How do signs of a heart attack differ for women?
- What are the signs of a stroke?
- The differences between a headache and a migraine?
- What illnesses are caused by hold and cold weather?
- Is it a cold or the flu?
- How do you treat a sinus infection?
- What's the difference between a viral and bacterial infection?
- How does blood pressure affect cardiovascular health?