Information for Referring Physicians and Providers
For providers who are outside of the Epic system.
There are three ways to submit a patient referral to UnityPoint Health – Meriter. Please also send physician notes, lab and medical imaging results that are pertinent to this referral to Meriter's secured fax line at (608) 417-7077.
- Online: Click here to complete the online referral form.
- Fax: Complete the referral form (this form is intended for providers who are outside of MeriterCare Epic System) and fax it to (608) 417-7077.
- Call: Call our Central Scheduling Department at (608) 417-7000 to submit a referral.
Thank you for allowing us to care for your patients!
For Center for Perinatal Care referrals, please use this online referral form.
Referral Information for Mother-Baby Care
When a newborn or pregnant mother requires advanced medical care, this dedicated phone is your resource. The Mother-Baby Care phone line (866) 678-7636 is answered 24/7 by a registered nurse who is ready to help referring providers:
- Transfer a newborn to one of our NICUs. Transportation is provided by CHETA, UW Health's American Family Children's Hospital Emergency transport ambulance.
- Level 3 NICU: UnityPoint Health - Meriter, 202 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53715
- Level 4 NICU: UW Health's American Family Children's Hospital, 1675 Highland Ave., Madison, WI 53792
- Consult with UW Health
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialist
- Pediatric cardiologist (arrange a fetal echocardiogram)
- Coordinate transfer of an expectant mother for prenatal or delivery care at UnityPoint Health - Meriter
When you call, please be ready with the following information:
- Patient's name
- Diagnosis or condition
- Referring physician's name/contact
- Name and street address of your hospital/birthing center
For neoborns, please also provide:
- Date and time of birth
- Gestational age
- Birth weight
- Current weight
- Mother's name
Call to refer a patient (866) 678-7636, fax patient facesheet to (608) 417-5777
The UnityPoint Health – Meriter doctors
The UnityPoint Health – Meriter doctors' growing multi-specialty health care team, which focuses on improving patient access and providing the best care possible. Meriter doctors seek to be the destination of choice for patients, staff and physicians throughout Dane County and southern Wisconsin.
Current specialty services of the include:
- Addiction Medicine
- Allergy & Immunology
- Diabetes Management & Endocrinology
- General Surgery
- Heart & Vascular (patients over 18 y.o.)
- Hospital Dentistry
- Hospital Medicine (adult & pediatric)
- Interventional Spine (patients over 16 y.o.)
- Medical Psychology
- Neurology (patients over 18 y.o.)
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Psychiatry (adult & pediatric), inpatient only
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Wound Care