At our Occupational Therapy, our therapists help you return to the "work of daily living." Services include:
- Post-injury neuro-rehabilitation for diagnoses such as stroke, head injury, multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions
- Treatment of orthopedic conditions related to neurological deficits such as frozen shoulders
- Self care/home management evaluation and deficit treatment
- Driver's readiness evaluation
- Rehabilitation for visual impairment/low vision
- Complex community re-entry evaluations
- Functional safety evaluations for mothers
- Hand Therapy
- Return to Work
Treatments/ modalities may include:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Energy conservation
- Adaptive equipment assessment/training
- Functional mobility
- Functional cognition/perception deficit treatment
- Sensory-motor re-education
- Surface EMG for motor control
- E stim
- Edema control
How Can Occupational Therapy Benefit Me?
The focus of all occupational therapy, regardless of the specialty area, is to promote improved function and independence.
Your occupational therapist will provide a thorough evaluation and discuss your goals. Whether you want to be able to return to your job, care for your child, resume driving or live independently in your home, your occupational therapist will work with you to develop a personalized plan.
He or she will guide you through treatment step by step to maximize your ability to perform the skills that you need in able to achieve your goals.