UnityPoint Health Meriter's team of physical and occupational therapists bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the treatment of a variety of orthopedic related injuries and conditions.
Our expert therapists treat a wide variety of diagnoses including:
We see patients across the lifespan and are prepared to work with you to meet your functional goals.
After a thorough evaluation, a treatment plan will be designed for you that incorporates clinical expertise, evidence-based medicine, and pain-relieving tips and techniques. A variety of services are provided by our therapists at various locations including:
- Exercise prescription
- Gait and movement assessment
- Manual therapy
- Dry needling
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue treatment such as Astym
- Schroth method in treatment of scoliosis
- Aquatic therapy
- Therapeutic modalities (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, traction)
- Management of swelling
- Alter-G treadmill (body weight supported)
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Pain education
Meriter therapists work closely with our specialty provider partners at UW Health. Outpatient orthopedic therapy services are available at all our clinic locations.