UPDATED: 8/10/2020 - In alignment with UnityPoint Health - Meriter's updated safety and prevention measures related to COVID-19 please see updates on the Wellness Programs below:
- Cardiac Rehab/Pulmonary Rehab/Supervised Exercise Therapy/RD Patients: All services resumed.
- Fitness Technicians: Seeing medically necessary personal training consults.
- Get Fit & Stay Fit: Suspended in-person services until further notice.
UnityPoint Health - Meriter 15-week Get Fit Exercise and Healthy Eating Program will get you started on the path to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, along with a heart-healthy lifestyle. You will meet individually with a dietitian and a fitness trainer to develop a personal plan. And the group setting will give you a fun and comfortable atmosphere to exercise.
- Fifteen weeks of three (3) 75 minute group exercise circuit classes per week
- Two (2) one-hour meetings with a registered dietitian
- Pre and post body composition assessment
- Individual and group emotional support
- Bi-weekly education
- Free use of facility during the program
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. or 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
$349 for 30 small group training sessions, which is only $11.60 per session. PLUS, you receive 2 appointments with a fitness trainer and dietitian, weekly education and unlimited access to the UnityPoint Health - Meriter - Wellness Center. You are eligible for reimbursement through Quartz and can earn up to $100 per year. Visit www.quartzbenefits.com for further information.
The Get Fit class is ongoing, and participants can join at any time based on class availability. To register or for more information call (608) 417-6102. Please complete and submit the Health History and Physician Consent Form (found at the bottom of this webpage) to the UnityPoint Health - Meriter - Wellness Center today.
Testimonial from a Get Fit Participant
When I joined the Get Fit Program, I didn't have a lot of confidence given that I was at my highest weight ever and hadn't exercised in quite some time, but I knew I needed a change. The team did a great job with setting a program, listening to our feelings and fears, and challenging us to meet/beat our goals. With their help, I lost 20+ pounds and 10+ inches during the program. My self confidence is back, my weight continues to decrease, and my blood pressure has come down. The success I gained during this program has helped me to make other changes in my life and I'm committed to continuing a healthier lifestyle with diet and exercise.
Health History Form
Physician Consent Form