UnityPoint Health - Meriter is committed to providing you with quality health care and to maintaining a relationship with you that is built on trust. UnityPoint Health - Meriter has a strong commitment to the privacy of our patients and visitors to our Web sites, and does not share any personal information collected through this site with third parties without the person's expressed permission.
The Content on UnityPoint.org
The mention of specific products, sites and services on this site does not constitute or imply a recommendation or endorsement by UnityPoint Health - Meriter, unless it is explicitly stated. Please note that Meriter's products and services are often revised, and therefore the information in this site will be revised as well.
Collecting and Using Personal Information
UnityPoint Health - Meriter only collects personally identifiable information from site visitors when those visitors voluntarily provide it. This information is collected when site visitors use the forms or e-mail links in the site, such as:
- Sign-up forms for our e-mail newsletters
- The Meriter E-Card form
- The DR4U physician referral form
- Online surveys
- E-mail links in the department pages
Our online forms only ask for information necessary to serve those visitors - we gather this information to serve the visitors' needs, and reply to their requests and concerns. E-mails and forms are shared with the Meriter staff members who are best able to address the questions or concerns. Registrants are able to opt-out at any time from our e-newsletter. Please note that these statements only apply to the information you provide to Meriter through this Web site. It does not apply to information that you provide to Meriter by any other method. Any information that is provided as part of normal patient-provider communications is governed by applicable patient confidentiality law.
Providing Security for Your Registration, Payment and Donation Information
Meriter Hospital complies with the requirements of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and wants your personal information to remain as secure as possible. Meriter Hospital provides online forms which request confidential health and personal information. These forms are located on the secure portion of our site. Accordingly, we prevent unauthorized access by a secure firewall and use of security infrastructure to protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information you provide to us. As an additional security measure, your personal information is also encrypted during transmission by Secure Socket Layer 128-bit encryption software.
- Hospital Pre-Registration - We provide online registration for patients planning a hospital stay.
- Meriter Classes & Events - We provide online registration for most of Meriter's classes and events.
- Online Bill Pay - Customers can pay healthcare bills online.
- Online Gift Shop - Community members can buy gifts for Meriter Hospital patients and staff members through our Online Gift Shop.
- Meriter Foundation Donations - Donations can be made online through the Meriter Foundation section.
- DR4U Requests - This form allows you to request a physician referral.