Learn about the advantages of breastfeeding, and receive tips for a positive and successful experience. Learn to recognize your baby's hunger cues, how to properly position your baby to feed, and how to make sure the latch is correct. During this 2.5 hour class, a lactation specialist will guide you through the basics of breastfeeding in the early days and weeks.
**Note: This is the same class that is included as the final night in our Confident Homecoming series.
Information related to pumping and storage of breastmilk is offered in our Breastmilk: Learn to Pump & Store class. It is important to take this class after completing the Basics of Breastfeeding class and suggested that you attend when your baby is 3 - 12 weeks old.
$20.00 (includes you and one support person)
- It is recommended that you begin classes after your first trimester and plan to complete your classes by your 34th week of pregnancy.
- If the date in which you prefer is FULL, please submit a WAIT LIST registration here. Because a wait list registration does not guarantee access to your preferred class/date, we strongly encourage you to register for one of our other childbirth and parenting offerings or an alternate date. Should a spot become available in your preferred class/date, an individual from the Women’s Health Education Department will contact you.
- This class is designed for you, plus one adult support person, due to class content and partner specific activities.
- All classes meet at the Meriter Business Center - 2650 Novation Pkwy (off Rimrock Road).
- Please arrive on time for your class to ensure entrance into the building.
- A tour of the Birthing Center is not included with classes. Tours require advance registration or you may view our online Birthing Center Tour, at your convenience.
- This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check with your health insurance provider for program details. (Quartz | Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
- In the event of inclement weather or instructor illness, and the Women’s Health Education Department cancels a class, there is no financial penalty to the student. The student will be offered the opportunity to attend a class at a later date. If the student is unable to reschedule, a refund will be issued.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the “Register Now” buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.
Choosing a doctor for your baby is one of many important decisions you will make as a parent. Let us help you find a provider that fits you and your child's unique needs!