Tours of our Birthing Center are led by a staff member of the Meriter Women's Health Education Department on various Sundays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. The adult tour is intended for expectant parents who are having a vaginal delivery or a scheduled C-Section, and their adult support persons. You will see the Birthing Center, a birthing suite and a post-partum room. While tours are not for medical questions and answers, your leaders offer helpful information related to your hospital stay.
Additional Tour Information
- In order to attend a tour, advanced registration is absolutely required. You must include each person who will be attending the tour with you when registering.
- Once a tour is full, we are unable to add additional attendees, as there is limited space available. If you receive the message about "exceeding the limit", we ask that you register for a different date/time.
- Children over 10 years of age may attend the adult tour. Tour content may not be appropriate for younger children.
- Please arrive on time as tours begin promptly. Follow the tour signage to the Perinatal Clinic reception area.
- If you are interested in a tour accompanied by a Spanish interpreter, please see our Servicios en Español.
- For questions regarding UW Midwife Birthing Center open houses, please contact your Midwife Clinic.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the "Register Now" buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608)417-8446.
Take a Full Virtual Tour of Wisconsin's Largest Birthing Center:
View Individual Segments of Our Birthing Center Tour:
Click the menu button on the top left of the video below (three stacked horizontal bars) to view segment options.