This 2-hour, compassionate and effective prenatal Yoga class is designed to increase your comfort through pregnancy, labor and delivery while also providing your birth support person special techniques to help you stay centered and relaxed. The ancient wisdom of Yoga assists you in spinal release and core opening to provide more room for your growing baby and more space for your own internal organs. This class also offers easy breathing techniques and deep relaxation strategies to release tension and calm your mind. You will learn methods to prepare your hearts, minds and bodies for the transformative experience of giving birth and caring for your new baby. You and your support person deserve to care for yourselves together as you transition into life with a newborn and this class offers a meaningful way to begin your shared journey.
Instructor Bio: Nansi Colley, Ph.D. is trained as a scientist, Yoga teacher, Yoga therapist and meditation teacher. She is a Professor Emerita in the School of Medicine and Public Health at UW-Madison and during her 25 years of Yoga teaching, applies her scientific background to the ancient traditions in the science and philosophy of Yoga. Nansi is also trained in medical Yoga, and Prenatal Yoga is one of her specialties.
$25 for 2 individuals
Important Class Information
- This program meets at the Meriter Business Center - 2650 Novation Pkwy, Madison.
- Please bring 2 pillows, 2 yoga mats and 2 blankets to use during class.
- This class is exclusively open for parents in their second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- No experience is necessary.
- This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check with you health insurance provider for program details. (Quartz | Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the "Register Now" buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.