Meeting Date: First Wednesday of every month
- Time: 6 - 8 p.m.
- Location: UnityPoint Health – Meriter
202 S. Park Street, Madison WI, 9 Tower Therapy Conference Room
- Cost: Free. No Registration Required.
A stroke can be very isolating and be followed with many unknowns. The Madison Area Stroke Support Group is for people who are recovering from a stroke, and their families, friends and caregivers. Support group members help each other face and overcome common challenges through encouragement and sharing their experiences and knowledge. New members are warmly welcomed.
Join Us To:
- Share experiences and mutual concerns/problems; discuss possible solutions/resources
- Learn more about stroke: recovery, causes and prevention
- Gain support and encouragement from others who understand your situation
- Meet others affected by stroke and their families/caregivers
- Celebrate achievements
Examples of Group Activities
- Mallards baseball game
-Pontoon boat ride on Lake Mendota/Monona
- Holiday parties/potlucks
-Mediated group discussions regarding independence, resiliency, and topics important to participants
- Community Speakers such as:
- Registered dietician to share healthy meal options and answer questions
- Yoga/Tai Chi instructors to teach appropriate exercises
- Massage therapist to provide relaxation to stroke survivors and their caregivers
- Dentist to educate on necessary dental hygiene practices and provide education regarding dental health changes following a stroke
- Any many others!