UnityPoint Health - Meriter welcomes you and your support person to attend a new birth and early parenting series for families in the LGBTQ+ community. Basics of pregnancy, childbirth, parenting and infant feeding will be covered. Regardless of where you may be in the process of pregnancy through early parenting (first 3 months), please join us in exploring unique challenges, changing roles and relationships, healthcare and family dynamics. Welcoming a new child into a family is a time of much joy and change. We look forward to sharing your experience and guiding you as you begin your parenting journey.
- EveryBody EveryFamily: LGBTQ+ Birth and Parenting Series meets for 2.5 hours, once a week for 4 consecutive weeks, on the same night of the week in which you register. Doors will be open at 6 PM.
- You only need to register for the start date of the 4-class series.
- If your main support person is not available, you are encouraged to bring another support person who is prepared to participate with you.
- Wear comfortable clothing and bring 2 pillows and blankets/mats to the first night of this series.
Class Cost: $65
Important Class Information
• It is recommended that you begin this series before your 28th week of pregnancy; however, we welcome you to attend at any time during your pregnancy and early parenting experience (first 3 months).
• Due to class content and partner specific activities, this class is designed for you, plus one adult support person.
• All classes meet at the Meriter Business Center - 2650 Novation Pkwy (off Rimrock Road).
• Please arrive on time for your class to ensure entrance into the building.
• A tour of the Birthing Center is not included with classes. Please refer to our Birthing Center Tours tab on our Classes and Events page to register for a tour that works for you. You can also view our online Birthing Center Tour at your convenience.
• This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check program details with your health insurance provider. (Physicians Plus | Quartz | Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
• A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
• A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the start of the series.
• In the event of inclement weather or instructor illness, and the Women’s Health Education Department cancels a class, there is no financial penalty to the student. The student will be offered the opportunity to attend a class at a later date. If the student is unable to reschedule, a refund will be issued.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the “Register Now” buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.
Choosing a doctor for your baby is one of many important decisions you will make as a parent. Let us help you find a provider that fits you and your child's unique needs!