The Ambulatory Population Health Team will be hosting an Ethics and Boundaries in Healthcare workshop. Barbara Bartlein, RN, MSW, CSP, a healthcare motivational speaker and workplace culture expert will present a four-hour program that fulfills state requirements for social workers and includes ethical guidelines for nurses.
Participants will learn:
- The top five ethical issues in healthcare
- The common ethical violations and how you can reduce your personal liability
- The Code of Ethics from the National Association of Social Workers and National Association of Nurses
- How to recognize high-risk clients and situations
- The difference between personal and professional relationships
- How actual past cases were decided, and how the interpretation of appropriate boundaries has changed
Donations accepted to support the partnership between UnityPoint Health – Meriter and James Madison Memorial High School, which focuses on providing resources to support basic needs and advance academic achievement. Requested items include backpacks, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, and soap.
Parking is available in the hospital parking ramp. However, space is limited and cannot be guaranteed. Carpooling is highly encouraged. There is some public parking on the street. See general parking instructions on street signs.
Questions? Contact: Sarah Valencia, 608-417-5105