Stay Fit is a self-monitored medically supervised exercise program aimed to help participants develop life-long exercise habits while reducing their risk for cardiovascular disease. Participants include those diagnosed with coronary disease, pulmonary disease, diabetes and any other chronic medical condition, as well as those wanting to improve their health and fitness.
- Initial consult/assessment to determine goals and starting exercise level
- Individual exercise prescription and weight training instruction
- Bi-monthly follow-ups focusing on participant’s goals and progression
- Unlimited use of facility during open hours:
Monday/Wednesday 7:00am – 6:30pm, Tuesday/Thursday 7:00am – 5:00pm, Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm.
- Independently functioning
- Participants who have a chronic medical condition or risk factors for heart disease
- Participants who want to work toward a healthier lifestyle
- Recent graduate of any Meriter Wellness Center program (Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, or Get Fit! Healthy Eating and Exercise Program)
- Signed consent from a physician
$55 per month. Discounts apply if participant signs up for 4 or 6 months at a time. Stay Fit! is eligible for Physicians Plus’ $100-$200 Good Health Bonus and Unity Health Plan's Fitness First Program.
Please call the Meriter Wellness Center at (608) 417-6102 Monday-Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.