Lakeshore Club: Neighbor Helping Neighbor
The Lakeshore Club was founded in 1950 by the late Helena Odegard, who formed the original group of 23 neighborhood friends. The women would meet monthly for lunch and a game of bridge, and also enjoyed a summer picnic and holiday party with their spouses. In addition to their social gatherings, the Lakeshore Club provided assistance through volunteering and financial donations to the Women's Auxiliary of Madison General Hospital.
Today's Lakeshore Club members continue the tradition of neighbor helping neighbor through their community philanthropic efforts.
Making a Difference
Since 1950, the Lakeshore Club has donated more than $40,000 to improve health care in the Madison community. As a result of their giving, hundreds of lives have been touched and a number of different care areas have received needed assistance, including physical therapy, cardiovascular services, oncology, newborn intensive care and women's health.
"We are extremely proud to be part of Lakeshore Club's remarkable history and longevity. Helping our neighbors and supporting the community we live in is what makes this group so special."