What to Expect
Before Your Exam
- Inform the technologist of any medications you are currently taking and if you have any allergies, specifically to contrast materials, such as barium or iodine
- Women should inform the technologist if there is any possibility they may be pregnant
- For some imaging procedures, you may be asked not to eat or drink for several hours before your test
To save you time, pre-registration can be completed online. Pre-registration must be completed 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
When to Arrive
Please arrive 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Exams requiring contrast, please arrive 1.5 hours prior to exam.
What to Bring
- Current list of medications
- Current insurance information
- For mammogram testing, please bring your most recent images, if you had the testing done somewhere other than UnityPoint Health – Keokuk
What to Expect Upon Arrival
Enter on Ground floor (near the ER) and check in with Patient Registration. Once you've completed registering, staff will direct you to the radiology department.
Who Will Perform Your Exam
Board certified radiologists and registered technologists.
After You Leave
The radiologist will review your images and a complete report will be given to the ordering provider within 48 hours of your test.