Our main focus is to assist the patient to a healthy recovery and to provide the best quality care possible. We know that the support of family and friends plays a vital role in the recovery process.
We believe having visitors and family present during hospitalization may help patients in their recovery. In addition, we recognize the rights of patients to have visitors while they are hospitalized. Although we do not have specific visiting hours, rest is an important part of the healing process. Our staff will work with patients to individualize visiting needs.
- UnityPoint Health – Keokuk is a Tobacco-Free campus. This affects both our indoor and outdoor properties. We are dedicated to providing a smoke-free environment for all patients, employees, visitors and staff. This policy complies with state law.
- All visitors should feel well and be free of any illness (ie. no rashes, colds, fevers and/or other communicable disease)
- Only two visitors per patient are recommended at one time
- If a patient is in isolation, visitors will be instructed to follow all isolation precautions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult visitor
- Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands or use antiseptic hand gel before and after visiting