Thank you for your interest in a job shadowing experience with UnityPoint Health – Keokuk. We understand the value of job shadowing as part of the career exploration process and the importance of helping students gain useful information as to the types of skills and education required for careers within the medical industry.
In order to make job shadowing a valid and meaningful experience, the following requirements have been established:
- Job shadows are unpaid, observational hours only and will not provide hands-on experience.
- Participants are required to submit a job shadow application
- Students must be at least a junior or senior in high school in order to job shadow and must have permission from their school or job
- Job shadows will normally be scheduled between 8 AM – 4 PM, Monday through Friday and last no more than 8 hours
- Patient confidentiality is extremely important, all participants will be required to sign a form indicating they understand the importance of patient and hospital confidentiality
- Our first priority is meeting the needs of our patients
- Appropriate dress is required
- Name badge will be provided and must be worn
- Please arrive promptly for your job shadow experience
- Eat before you begin your job shadow experience
- Participants must be in good health the day of their visit
- Appropriate language and actions are required at all times
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off or set to silent while shadowing
- UnityPoint Health – Keokuk is EOE/AA