How to Use the MyUnityPoint (My Chart) Patient Website
What is My UnityPoint
MyUnityPoint is a patient website where you can send and receive
information from your clinic or providers, view information from
your medical chart and send a secure message to your healthcare
providers. MyUnityPoint can be used for many convenient day-to-
day actions with your clinic and providers.
From your computer, tablet or smartphone, MyUnityPoint
- Review personal medical history such as your vitals and
- Request appointments with your healthcare providers
- See test results
- Refill prescriptions
- Read messages from your care team
- Review your health summary
How do I get access to MyUnityPoint?
- Anyone who is at least 18 years of age and is a patient of
UnityPoint Health or UnityPoint Clinic can register to use the
service. It just takes five minutes to sign up, and your account
may be activated within 3 days.
- Ask the staff at your clinic for an activation code. You may
either register in the clinic or at home. The following steps
below are for users registering at home.
- To register to use the site for the first time, log in to
MyUnityPoint at chart.myunitypoint.org and under the
"New User?" box on the right side, select "Sign Up Now."
- Enter your activation code at the top, and then provide
the last 4 digits of your social security number and your
date of birth.
- On the following screens, choose a user name and
password, security question, an e-mail address for
notifications, and then agree with the Terms and
Conditions for website use.
- When you finish, you will automatically be logged into
your new MyUnityPoint account.
- If you do not have an activation code from your clinic or hospital
visit, click on the "Click here to register" box at the top of the
Sign Up Now page. Complete the form and submit it.
- You'll receive an activation code in your e-mail account within
1-3 days. After receiving it, log in again and return to the "Sign
Up Now" page to complete the registration steps above.
The MyUnityPoint Home Page
- After logging in to MyUnityPoint, you will see several "quick
task" links in the center of the screen, as well as other section
tabs across the screen from left to right.
- From the home page, you can quickly send messages to your
providers, view your healthcare summary, or request records.
- You can also see alerts, test results, and view messages or
instructions from your provider.
Sending a Message to Your Healthcare
- Send a secure message to your clinic by either:
- Clicking on the Send Message quick button on the home
- Select the "Messaging" tab near the top of the screen, and
then select "Message Your Care Team" in the drop down
- The MyUnityPoint message feature has a list of all of your
UnityPoint Health healthcare providers. When sending a
message, you first need to select which provider and office
the message will be sent to by using the drop down box.
- In "Subject," select a subject type from the options in the drop
- Enter your message in the text box.
- Click "send" to send your message.
- You will receive a confirmation that your message has
In the top "Visits" tab section, you may request an
appointment time, view your already scheduled future
appointments, or review your visit histories from either
clinic visits or hospital admissions.
- To request a new appointment, select "Visits" in the top tab,
and then select "Request an Appt" in the drop-down box.
- Select the provider you wish to see from the drop down
- Select a reason for your visit from the drop down box.
- Indicate a date range for your visit using the fill-in boxes or
- Check all preferred times of day for your visit.
- If you like, add a message to provide additional information
about your visit to your care team.
- Click on "Send" to send your message.
- A confirmation message will appear indicating your
message has been sent.
Your Medical Records
From the "My Medical Record" tab, you can see your test results,
health summary, current health issues, medications, allergies,
medical history and immunizations. You may also download your
health records. See the information below about each of the drop
down box options for this section.
You can see your lab or procedure results by selecting "Test
Results" in the drop down box.
If you are not able to see all of your results, there may be a
link or button to help you get additional results.
Click on a specific result to see more detailed information
about the test.
Results of some types of tests may not display immediately.
If you have questions about a test result, either call your
provider or send them a secure message.
Select "Health Summary" to see an overview of all of your
information in this section.
Information found in the health summary comes from
documentation in your chart. Health issues that appear in
your list come from your active "problem list" in your clinic
record. The Health Issues list does not include healthcare
problems that have been resolved.
Scroll through the page or click on the quick links to go
directly to an individual section of the health summary, or
follow the instructions below.
Medications / Medication Refills
Select "Medications" to see a list of your medications.
The medication list may not reflect changes made at your
last clinic or hospital visit.
Step 1: Choose the prescription you want to refill.
- A window showing your current list of medications will
appear with a check box next to each.
- If the prescription you want to refill is not on this list, select
- A comment box will open up for you to put in the
medication name and add any other details.
- Click "continue" at the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Verify or add pharmacy information.
- Use the pharmacy drop down box to select the pharmacy
you wish to send the refill request to.
- Click on "Submit Request".
- A confirmation message appears.
- If the refill request requires approval from your healthcare
provider, your notification message will note this.
Select "Allergies" to see a list of your allergies.
Your listed allergies come directly from what has been
documented in your medical record.
You may only view your allergies, you are not able to add or
delete these directly. (If you wish to make changes in noted
allergies, please bring this up at your next appointment or
send your provider a secure message.)
Immunizations and Preventive Care
Select "Immunizations" to see a list of your immunizations.
Preventive care items list screenings or tests that are due.
These items come from the health maintenance topics in your
This section has your contact information.
The easiest way to change this information is in the
"Preferences" tab. See the information below.
Select "Account Summary" to view your current account or
make a payment using online bill paying. (There is a link
showing UnityPoint Health locations that are set up for online
bill paying. All hospital locations are active, but payment for
clinic visits is still not available for some regions.)
Use the "Make a Payment" button to make a payment for
Select "Insurance Summary" to see your insurance
information in our records.
In the drop down box, select "Demographics," "Change
Password," "Notifications" and "Other Preferences" to make
changes to your personal information for the website and its
Use the drop down boxes to select either "Clinic Locations" or
"Search for Providers" to find this information.
Remember, you can use MyUnityPoint to:
- Refill medications
- Ask your healthcare team a question
- Let your healthcare team know how you are feeling
- Let your healthcare team know if you are having side
effects from any new medication
- Request a follow-up appointment
About Proxy Access
MyUnityPoint can provide access to your children's medical
records. You may see health information for your children age
11 or younger, or for anyone age 12 and older that you have the
legal right to make healthcare decisions for (legal documentation
Follow the steps below to request Pediatric Proxy access.
- Go to www.myunitypoint.org
- Click on "Proxy Access"
- Scroll down to Pediatric Proxy Access and click on
- Proxy access is a 2-step procedure. Begin by completing
the e-Signature form including the required information
in all of the fields noted with asterisks(*). Once the form
is submitted, you will receive an e-mail from Adobe
EchoSign which will require your electronic signature to
complete the proxy request (note: you may need to check
your "Junk Mail" folder).
- When you receive this e-mail from Adobe EchoSign, click
on the link provided to sign the document.
- After you have signed the EchoSign document, UnityPoint
Health/UnityPoint Clinic staff will verify and approve your
- Within 10 days, you will receive a notification e-mail from
MyUnityPoint with instructions and a link to complete a
final step to establish the account.
- Once the access is established, you will be able to use
the same MyUnityPoint features for your child's record
as you can for your own record. An additional tab for the
new user will appear on the right side tabs in your home
More About Proxy Access for Children
- You need to fill out a separate form for each of your children.
- For patients 11 years of age or younger, the person requesting
proxy access must be the parent or legal guardian.
- Once the patient reaches age 12, no new information is
typically visible through MyUnityPoint. This is because certain
types of medical information for 12-18 year olds is protected
by state laws.
- The proxy access for a patient whose MyUnityPoint account
was established while they were a minor expires entirely when
the patient turns 18.
- Parents and legal guardians of patients under 18 can always
request medical information directly from their child's health
- If the person requesting proxy access can present a legal
document that permits access to a patient's protected medical
information, such as Durable Power of Attorney, the access
will be granted regardless of the patient's age.
Technical Support for MyUnityPoint
If you have technical questions about the MyUnityPoint website,
you may e-mail our support team at:
or call (877) 224-4430 Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST.