At Grundy County Memorial Hospital, we have many opportunities for our student volunteers. From playing games with residents to assisting in Physical Therapy, volunteering offers you a true opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents and be connected to a health care environment to explore careers and learn new skills. Volunteering not only helps others...it helps you!
- Volunteering is fun and rewarding.
- Meet new people & make new friends.
- Explore careers in the health care field.
- Receive formal and informal recognition for a "job well-done!"
- Get personal satisfaction from helping others.
Students volunteers need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 14 years of age
- In high school or currently attending college
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks in the summer
Steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Have a desire to help and become a part of our health care team.
- Complete a volunteer application (including contact information for 2 personal references).
- Pass a criminal background and dependent adult/child abuse registry check.
- Complete an interview with hospital staff.
- Attend an orientation session.
- Complete necessary training.
- Complete TB testing.
- Receive a seasonal flu shot if volunteering during the school year.
Teen Volunteer Application
Contact: If you are interested in learning more about the Grundy County Memorial Hospital volunteer program, please contact Keely Harken, Communication and Foundation Program Manager (319) 824-4152.