If you need surgery, there's no need to travel far for expert care. At Grundy County Memorial Hospital (GCMH), we offer many of the surgeries you or a loved one might need right here in Grundy Center.
Our compassionate, experienced team includes board-certified surgeons and highly trained nurses who have earned the trust and respect of their peers and patients. From hip replacements to hernia repairs, we deliver excellent surgical results for our patients, along with hometown trust.
Nationally ranked care, close to home
GCMH has the expertise and technology to provide a safe surgical experience. One example is our state-of-the-art infection control system. In 2016, we were one of the first small hospitals in Iowa to use ultraviolet light technology in our operating room. This disinfection system kills 99.9% of germs.
We also take pride in our warm, friendly care. Our team members chose to work at a small hospital because they want to make a difference in each patient's experience. At larger urban hospitals, you can sometimes feel like just another patient. At GCMH, we take the time to give you the individualized attention you deserve—whether we're easing a child's fears or updating a family member on their loved one's condition. It's something our patients notice. Patient satisfaction surveys consistently rank GCMH among the top hospitals nationwide.
Here are some more ways surgery at GCMH stands out:
- Ease of access. You won't have to wait long to see a surgeon for a consultation or to have your surgery scheduled.
- Our operating room and endoscopy suite are equipped with the latest technology and equipment. Our surgeons use the latest minimally invasive techniques, whenever possible.
- Our surgeons frequently work with the same nurses. This means that they collaborate and communicate well. It's another way we bring positive results to our patients.
- We use research-based practices to deliver safe, high-quality results for our patients.
Surgery services at GCMH
GCMH offers a wide range of surgeries, so you can focus on your recovery—not your travel plans. Many of our surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis. This means you can often go home the same day.
Our surgery services include:
- Orthopedic surgery, including knee or shoulder scope procedures, rotator cuff repairs, fracture care, ACL repairs, and total joint replacements surgeries.
- General surgery, including skin cancer and mole removal, hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, breast cancer surgery, and dialysis graft placement and repair.
- Cataract surgery, also called lens replacement surgery, to restore vision clouded by cataracts.
- GI (gastroenterology) procedures, performed in our endoscopy suite. These include colonoscopies and endoscopies for trouble swallowing and heartburn or ulcer symptoms.
- Podiatric surgery, including a variety of foot surgeries.
- Pain management injections, which are performed in our operating room.
Schedule a surgery appointment
To learn more about the surgeries and procedures we offer or to schedule an appointment, please call (319) 824-5091.