When surgery is recommended for you, your choice is clear. Contact Grundy County Memorial Hospital for an appointment or ask your primary care provider for a referral to GCMH, where personal care and a skilled surgical team result in positive outcomes and outstanding patient satisfaction.
A comfortable environment, up-to-date technology, and standards that minimize the chance of infection or complications, mean an increasing number of patients are choosing to have their surgery at Grundy County Memorial Hospital. Patient satisfaction surveys routinely rank GCMH Outpatient Services in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide.
A wide range of surgeries are offered, including total joint replacement, cataract surgeries, and general surgeries, as well as screening procedures such as colonoscopy. Physician specialists, including two orthopedic surgeons, a podiatrist, urologist, and general surgeon, see patients in the GCMH Specialty Clinic and also perform surgery in the hospital's spacious and modern surgery department.
GCMH's surgery team is made up of nurses and an anesthetist who each take pride in providing patients with the best care before, during, and after surgery. Most members of the team have ten or more years of experience in the surgical specialty.
GCMH offers a wide array of surgeries including:
- Cataract Surgery
- Gastroenterology, including colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and flexible sigmoidoscopy General surgery, including hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, and dialysis graft placement and repair
- General Surgery, including hernia repair, gall bladder surgery, and dialysis graft placement and repair
- Orthopedics and Sports Injury treatment - arthritis and joint pain treatment, joint scope procedures (knee or shoulder); rotator cuff repair; fracture and tendon repair; joint injections, tendon repair; hand surgery, including carpal tunnel release and trigger finger release
- Podiatry - including bunion repair, hammer toe repair, and a variety of foot surgeries
A signature service at GCMH, total knee and total hip surgeries are performed routinely:
- Two orthopedic surgeons mean short wait times for an appointment and to schedule surgery
- Physical Therapists who have specialized training in joint surgery rehabilitation provide on-site therapy
- Spacious rooms and personalized care promote comfort and healing during your hospital stay following joint replacement surgery
Best practice in orthopedic medicine is continually researched and implemented, which contributes to an infection rate that's among the lowest in the nation. The GCMH performance improvement process continually evaluates our patient outcomes to ensure high standards for patient care.
Contact Surgery Manager Jessica Eilers, RN BSN CNOR, to learn what surgery services are available and which physician specialist might be able to assist you with your individual health condition.