Each year students pursuing careers in health care are the recipients of up to ten scholarships awarded by the Grundy County Memorial Hospital Foundation, thanks to the generosity of local donors. Scholarship applications are available on the hospital's website each March 1, and due on May 31. Scholarship awards are made each August.
Click here for a 2021 scholarship application and reference form.
The following are the eligibility requirements for a GCMH Foundation Healthcare Career Scholarship:
Traditional and nontraditional students are encouraged to apply.
- Student must currently be enrolled in an accredited healthcare career program leading to licensure or a clinical laboratory degree (i.e. Nursing School, Physical Therapy School), see list below
- Student must have completed at one semester of their official, accredited health care program, or be a licensed health care professional pursuing an advanced degree in health care
- Student must be enrolled at least part time for either undergraduate (with a minimum of 6 credit hours) or graduate programs (with a minimum of 4 credit hours)
- Student must reside in, or have graduated from a high school in, the Grundy County Memorial Hospital service area of Butler, Grundy, Hardin, and Tama counties
or currently work at Grundy County Memorial Hospital
- Student must have a cumulative post-secondary GPA maintained at 2.5 or higher
Previous recipients and applicants of the GCMH Foundation Health Care Career Scholarships are encouraged to apply.
Failure to complete all parts of the application process as directed will lead to disqualification.
- Nursing (LPN, ADN, RN, BSN, MSN)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Laboratory Sciences
- Occupational Therapist or Occ. Therapist Assistant
- Physical Therapist or PT Assistant
- Physician's Assistant
- Radiological Sciences
- Ultrasound Technologist
Nine 2021 GCMH Foundation Health Care Career Scholarships will be awarded:
- Don and Susie Kliebenstein Family Health Care Career Scholarship ($1,500)
- Irene A Stout Health Care Career Scholarship, for nursing ($1,000)
- Sara Lee Yoder Health Care Career Scholarships (7 @ $1,500)
For more information or a paper application form, you may phone the GCMH Foundation office at 319-824-4152. Completed applications must be emailed or mailed by May 31, 2021, to Grundy County Memorial Hospital Foundation, 201 East J Avenue, Grundy Center IA 50638. Email: GCMH_Foundation@unitypoint.org