Each year students pursuing careers in health care are the recipients of up to ten scholarships awarded by the Grundy County Memorial Hospital Foundation, thanks to the generosity of local donors. Scholarship applications are available on the hospital's website each March 1, and due on May 31. Scholarship awards are made each August.
Click here for a 2019 scholarship application and reference form.
The following are the eligibility requirements for a GCMH Foundation Healthcare Career Scholarship:
- Student must currently be enrolled in an accredited healthcare career program leading to licensure or a clinical laboratory degree (i.e. Nursing School, Physical Therapy School), see list below
- Student must have completed at one semester of their official, accredited health care program, or be a licensed health care professional pursuing an advanced degree in health care
- Student must be enrolled at least part time for either undergraduate (with a minimum of 6 credit hours) or graduate programs (with a minimum of 4 credit hours)
- Student must reside in, or have graduated from a high school in, the Grundy County Memorial Hospital service area of Butler, Grundy, Hardin, and Tama counties
or currently work at Grundy County Memorial Hospital
- Student must have a cumulative post-secondary GPA maintained at 2.5 or higher
||Physical Therapist Assistant
||Doctor of Medicine (MD)
||Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)