Visitors bring comfort to patients and their families and we want you to feel welcome at Grundy County Memorial Hospital. The COVID-19 pandemic has created the need to limit visitors to safeguard patient health. Please understand that policies may be adjusted as needed as community transmission levels change.
Visitor Policy: Updated 4/14/2022
- All visitors must be healthy. For the safety of patients, staff and other visitors, individuals with symptoms such as fever greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, sore throat, runny nose, new shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, vomiting or diarrhea will not be allowed to visit.
- Up to two visitors may accompany a patient for an outpatient service, Specialty Clinic visit, or surgery. Visitors may wait in an outpatient waiting area or accompany the patient to an exam room.
- Patients who are hospitalized may have unlimited visitors during their stay.
- Patients hospitalized in isolation with COVID-19 may have 1 visitor.
- Exceptions may be made in certain cases and may be discussed with your patient care team.
Mask / Face Covering Guidelines
As we move forward to transition into a new phase of delivering safe care alongside COVID-19, we are updating our masking guidelines to better align with local community transmission levels.
Levels may be Low/Moderate, Substantial or High.
Current COVID-19 community transmission level: Substantial (Effective 5/12/22)
- Masking is required at Grundy County Memorial Hospital and UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine - Grundy Center for patients, visitors and team members.
- All visitors/support people must be in good health and will be screened prior to entrance into the hospital for recent exposure to COVID-19 and symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Anyone who has recently been exposed, is symptomatic or has tested positive for COVID-19 should not visit until they have met the CDC's guidance for discontinuation of isolation
- Visitors who are not in good health but MUST be present in the facility must wear a mask at all times
Please note: If/when community levels change, we will appropriately amend the masking requirement.
Our focus is to assist our patients to a healthy recovery and to provide the best quality care possible. We know that the support of family and friends plays a vital role in the recovery process.
In this section, you'll find helpful visitor guidelines and valuable visitor information that we hope will make your visit to Grundy County Memorial Hospital - UnityPoint Health as convenient and comfortable as possible. If you can't find the information you're looking for here, our hospital volunteers or staff members will be glad to help you.
Some Basic Guidelines
We are always pleased to have family and friends visit. We ask you to do these things for the safety and comfort of patients, families and staff:
- Wash your hands or use alcohol sanitizer before and after visiting.
- Help us keep patient floors and rooms quiet.
- Postpone your visit if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to a contagious disease.
- Please step out of the room if we ask for patient privacy during exams or tests.
- Ask us for help any time you would like assistance.