For Visitors - Please Note Restrictions are in Effect
Visitor Restrictions: updated 8.2.21
In order to protect the safety of hospitalized patients by limiting exposure to respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, Grundy County Memorial Hospital - UnityPoint Health, visitor restrictions are in place. Temporary visitor restrictions in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic limit 2 visitors per patient, who should be a family member or designated caregiver. The 2-visitor limit applies to those who are in the Surgery department, Emergency department, hospitalized or those who have a scheduled outpatient visit.
This policy includes:
- One visitor is allowed for hospitalized patients who are in COVID isolation; if a patient is in isolation and is at end-of-life, family members may visit as deemed appropriate by the patient care team.
- Hospice or end-of-life patients who are not in isolation may have additional visitors as deemed appropriate by the patient care team.
- All visitors must be healthy. For the safety of patients, staff and other visitors, individuals with symptoms such as fever greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, sore throat, runny nose, new shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, vomiting or diarrhea will not be allowed to visit.
- All visitors must wear a mask and stay in the patient's room. Visitors will not be allowed in inpatient waiting rooms. East J Café is currently not available to visitors.
- A visitor who accompanies a patient for an outpatient service may wait in an outpatient waiting room for the duration of the service.
- Exceptions may be made in certain cases and may be discussed with your patient care team.
Visitors bring comfort to patients and their families and we want you to feel welcome at Grundy County Memorial Hospital. Whether you are visiting a loved one who is a patient here, have an appointment yourself, or are meeting with a staff member, you are welcome here.
Our focus is to assist our patients to a healthy recovery and to provide the best quality care possible. We know that the support of family and friends plays a vital role in the recovery process.
In this section, you'll find helpful visitor guidelines and valuable visitor information that we hope will make your visit to Grundy County Memorial Hospital - UnityPoint Health as convenient and comfortable as possible. If you can't find the information you're looking for here, our hospital volunteers or staff members will be glad to help you.
Some Basic Guidelines
We are always pleased to have family and friends visit. We ask you to do these things for the safety and comfort of patients, families and staff:
- Wash your hands or use alcohol sanitizer before and after visiting.
- Help us keep patient floors and rooms quiet.
- Postpone your visit if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to a contagious disease.
- Please step out of the room if we ask for patient privacy during exams or tests.
- Ask us for help any time you would like assistance.