Find out more about UnityPoint Health information and resources regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19):
To prepare to care for those in our community who may become ill with COVID-19 and help reduce community spread of COVID-19, Grundy County Memorial Hospital suspended or reduced certain Outpatient Services in early March. Services are resuming with a focus on your safety and health as you seek health care services at the hospital. As services re-open, the following procedures are in place to protect you:
All patients and visitors are asked to wear a mask or face covering if you are visiting Grundy County Memorial Hospital for health care services. If you do not have a mask of your own, one will be provided for you during your visit. Masks should not be worn by children under two years old, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unable to remove the mask without assistance. All employees wear a mask in public spaces within the hospital, and as direct patient care is provided.
All patients and visitors will be asked to take part in a Health Screening as you enter the hospital for Outpatient Services. Brief questions and a check of your temperature are included in the screening.
Health Screening for Employees:
All GCMH team members undergo health screening at arrival and departure from work.
Testing for those Admitted:
All patients admitted to our hospital will be tested for COVID-19. This includes planned admissions and transfers of all ages who have not been tested for COVID-19 in the prior 72 hours.
In order to minimize exposure to the virus and to best allow for social distancing, Visitors are not allowed within the hospital, except to accompany a patient for an Outpatient procedure or Emergency visit when absolutely essential, and for Inpatient visits when the patient is at end of life. Other visitor guidelines:
- Special circumstances will apply to our patients who are at end-of-life, receiving hospice care, for emergency department patients, for patients under the age of 18, and for other patients in need of a support person for the duration of their care.
- Children under the age of 18 are asked not to accompany a patient inside the hospital.
Outpatient Services Available:
Following guidance from the state of Iowa, the following GCMH Outpatient Services are available:
- Surgery and Digestive Health procedures; Surgeons are prioritizing cases as the hospital begins with 20% of its usual surgery volume. Plans call for gradually increasing to full capacity by early July.
- Radiology & Imaging screening exams such as 3D mammography, Ultrasound, MRI, CT, and Dexascan are available for those whose physician has ordered them.
- Therapy Services
- Lab Wellness Draws are available on a limited basis for those who provider deems the lab results medically necessary at this time
- Specialty Clinic. Individual clinic dates and times vary.
Please phone 319-824-5081 for any scheduling questions regarding hospital services.
UnityPoint Clinic - Grundy Center Family Medicine:
Weekday hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Saturday clinic hours are suspended for the present time.
Health Education Classes & Events
Please contact GCMH Scheduling for information on classes such as:
- Diabetes Education (provider's referral is needed)
- Healthy Lifestyle Challenge
- Diabetes Prevention Program
Group wellness and health education courses are not meeting at this time. Support is available through phone visits.
Changes in the delivery of health care to our communities have taken place as the hospital and all of UnityPoint Health join Iowans in preparing to care for those who become ill with COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are committed to conserving resources, protecting the health of our patients and our workforce, and caring for our community through this pandemic.