Find out more about UnityPoint Health information and resources regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19):
COVID-19 Information on Health Care Services, Visitor Policy, and Class Cancellations
In order to protect the safety of hospitalized patients by limiting exposure to respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, UnityPoint Health hospitals including Grundy County Memorial Hospital have a "No Visitors" policy in effect.
- Special circumstances will apply to our patients who are receiving hospice care, for emergency department patients, and for other patients in need of a support person for the duration of their care.
- Children under the age of 18 are asked not to visit.
- If you're arriving for Outpatient services such as lab, radiology, or specialty clinic, PLEASE USE ENTRANCE #1 on the south side of the hospital. This includes people arriving to UnityPoint Clinic - Grundy Center Family Medicine. Entrance #2 is now closed.
- All patients and visitors will be screened at entry to ensure you are free of fever or respiratory symptoms.
OUTPATIENT SERVICES REDUCED
The following services have been suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, visitors, and communities:
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Non-emergency Radiology & Imaging screening exams such as 3D mammography and Dexascan
- Sleep Studies
- Pulmonary Function tests
- Surgery and digestive health procedures are being rescheduled to a later date.
Lab Wellness Draws
Services that are reduced:
Laboratory Services are available without an appointment, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., (note new hours - Saturday morning outpatient lab visits are not offered at this time)
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy is available on a limited basis.
- Specialty Clinic - The following providers are suspending services for the next few weeks:
- Audiology Clinic has been cancelled through the end of April. Phone 800-728-4327 if you need to speak with an audiologist.
- Dermatology Clinic is cancelled through April 10.
- Orthopedic Clinic will be open for emergency, post-surgical, and fracture care.
IF YOU have an appointment with a visiting specialist, please contact your provider's office for details concerning your scheduled appointment.
Please phone 319-824-5081 for any scheduling questions regarding hospital services.
- UnityPoint Clinic - Grundy Center Family Medicine: Saturday clinic hours are suspended for the present time, and temporary weekday hours are 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Services that a primary care or specialty care provider deems essential, such as Laboratory testing and diagnostic radiology & imaging exams such as MRI, CT, x ray, and ultrasound will be provided as scheduled. Lab and Radiology services are available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Use Entrance # 3 to enter the hospital.
HEALTH EDUCATION CLASSES & EVENT CANCELLATIONS
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation sessions are suspended until further notice
- Diabetes Education and Nutrition services are suspended
- Healthy Lifestyle Challenge classes are suspended
- Diabetes Prevention Program is suspended
- Just What the Dr. Ordered/ March 23 at Trunck's Foods, Reinbeck is cancelled
- Walk with a Doc/April 1 downtown Grundy Center is cancelled
- Cardiac Support Group/April 6 is cancelled
- CPR/First Aid on April 25 is cancelled
These steps are being taken as the hospital and all of UnityPoint Health join Iowans in preparing prepare for a potential outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are committed to conserving resources, protecting the health of our patients and our workforce, and caring for our community through this pandemic.