Integrated Medicine and Therapies
We have offered integrative therapies since 1999 and are proud of the extensive care we provide our community. We seek unique opportunities for bringing traditional medicine and complementary medicine closer together at Postels Community Health Park. Our hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Evening and weekends are available by appointment only. Schedule your appointment today at (641) 236-2953.
- Swedish Massage (the most common massage) is a system of long strokes, kneading and friction techniques on the muscles to loosen chronic patterns of tension and promote circulation and relaxation. Pressure can range from light to firm and usually includes some deeper work on areas of specific muscle tension.
- Chair Massage is administered while the patient is clothed and seated in a specially designed chair. This form of massage can be used at businesses, seminars and different activities to relax and improve circulation. Corporate pricing available for special occasions or events.
- Hot Stone Massage features hot stones during the massage as an extension of the therapist's hands. Heated stones are carefully placed on trigger points in the body and allow for a deeper relaxation and greater muscle release.
- Couples Massage allows for a couple to enjoy a massage in each other's presence. Separate changing areas are provided if needed. The massage eases first-time massage jitters as well as having all the other benefits of Swedish massage.
- Massage Cupping is a technique that involves moving flexible silicone cups over your skin, along with stretching. The combined effect lifts the skin and superficial fascia over the underlying tissues. Combining cupping with massage enhances the benefits derived from massage – relaxation, pain relief, relieve muscle tension and release adhesions and scar tissue.
- Reflexology is a form of massage based around a system of points in the feet and hands thought to correspond, or "reflex," to all areas of the body. Treatments are scheduled for 30 and 60 minute sessions.
- Paraffin Treatments can help with chronic join pain, arthritis, tension, poor circulation, dry skin and carpal tunnel pain. Paraffin treatments begin with getting into a robe and sandals. The client washes his/her hands and face, then is brought into the treatment room where staff will wash the client's feet. The hands and elbows are dipped in paraffin, then the feet, and last but not least the face and neck. Each area is wrapped and left to sit for 15 minutes. When the paraffin is removed, we massage each area to finish. The treatment lasts 60 minutes.
- Body Wraps can help with skin tightening and skin softening. In this relaxation therapy, the body is first exfoliated and then comforting blends are applied. Blankets are wrapped around the body in a cocoon style to trap in heat. A face, scalp, and foot massage is performed for 20-30 minutes while the product is absorbed into the skin. The product is then massaged into the body for the remainder of the treatment.
Add On Treatments
- Hot Stones - May be added during a massage. A few stones are used on problem areas to aid in muscle release.
- Paraffin - May be added to a massage and applied to hands, feet, or elbows. Strips may also be applied to specific areas.
Essential oils are naturally forming chemicals that are extracted from different parts of plants which work as the plants' defense system. These oils can be used topically or through inhalation to aid in a variety of ailments. Topically the oils are absorbed into the blood through thinned skinned areas of the body. Through inhalation, ailments such as anxiety and depression are influenced through the olfactory system. Aromatherapy is used in addition to the other services at no extra charge.
We offer essential oils that can be incorporated into massages. Individuals may also purchase oils to use in their personal lives at Postels Community Health Park and The Glass Gift Box.
Essential Oil Special of the Month
- January - Liquid Sunshine: This blend is great for combating seasonal effective disorder or just to use as an everyday pick me up! $19 diffuser blend; $5 inhaler
- February - Sleep Easy: This blend enhances your sleep. Even if you only get 3-4 hours of sleep, you will be amazed at how well you slept! Wake up feeling refreshed with no side effects. $19 diffuser blend; $15 roll on
- March - Flea and Tick Spray: An all-natural flea and tick repellent to spray on socks, pants, or anywhere that may come in contact with fleas or ticks. $9 - 2 oz spray
- April - Bug Off/Extra Strength Skeeter Away: An all-natural insect repellent. Repels mosquitoes, deer flies and black flies. Extra Strength Skeeter is twice as strong to be even more effective. $17 - 2 oz spray
- May - Sinus Relief: Roll this blend onto your forehead, down the sides of the nose and under the cheekbones. Massage it in. You'll be amazed at how quickly your sinuses open and you can breathe easier. $15 roll on
- June - Lavender: This works great for burns, bug bites, bruises, insomnia and pain relief. $15 roll on; $11.50 - 5 ml bottle
- July - Wake Up: Roll this blend onto pulse points or the back of your neck for an instant wake up! Perfect for truck drivers or people working third shift. $15 roll on
- August - Study Assist: Use the Study Assist roll on while studying to help focus, concentrate, and memorize material, use the roll on again before a test or speech to help with memory recall. $15 roll on
- September - Stress Relief: Roll this blend on pulse points, shoulders, temples, and neck to relieve stress with no side effects! $15 roll on
- October - Tea Tree: One of the oils you can use without dilution. This oil is anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and an immune stimulant. This oil is great for combating pesky head lice, drop oil into conditioner and leave on for 5 mins, rinse and comb through hair to remove lice. $13.50 - 5 ml bottle
- November - Women's Formula Roll-on: Roll this blend onto abdomen and lower back for pain or apply to wrist and ankle pulse points for relief of PMS and menopausal issues. $15 roll on
- December - Dragon's Blood Cream: The combination of Myrrh essential oil and Dragon's Blood makes this a wonderful, quick-healing must for dry, cracked heels, elbows and hands. Even Dr. Oz says the Dragon's Blood is the "best thing to use for cracked heels." $12 - 4 oz cream