Auxiliary Healthcare Career Scholarship
The Auxiliary of UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Regional Medical Center, recognizing the continuing need for qualified health care professionals, announces $2,000 worth of scholarships to be awarded for the 2018-2019 school year.
Prerequisites for consideration of scholarship applicants are:
- These scholarships will be awarded to persons planning to pursue an education or further education in the health care field.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the Grinnell Regional Medical Center service area.
- The applicant should be of high character and emotional stability as attested by two letters of recommendation from the applicant's school principal or guidance counselor, a healthcare professional, minister, employer or other reputable persons in the applicant's community.
- The applicant must complete an application (including personal statement-typed) and submit a letter of acceptance or progress from an academic institution.
- Recommendation forms may be included with the application or sent directly to the Auxiliary Scholarship Committee.
- The Auxiliary Scholarship Committee will review the applications and may, if possible, arrange for a personal interview with the applicant. The selection of scholarship recipients will be based on a combination of the applicant's desire for a health care career, financial need, scholastic ability and character.
Conditions of the Scholarship
These are one-year scholarships to be used for tuition, board, room, books and related expenses. Scholarship fund payments will be made upon receipt of proof of enrollment. Scholarship funds will be paid to the recipient in one installment within the year of the grant, the date depending on the beginning of the recipient's classes for each term or semester. If the recipient does not enroll in school, repayment is due the Auxiliary. If recipient withdraws from school, part or all of the scholarship money is refunded. That money shall be due the Auxiliary. The scholarship is an outright grant, not a loan.
Applications for the 2018-2019 scholarships will be available in January 2018.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Review the checklist above Section A before submitting your application.
For additional information, contact: Jeanette Budding at (641) 236-2590.
You will need to download both PDFs to complete the application.