Updates, Closings & Restrictions
Please Call Ahead Before Any Visit & Wear a Mask or Face Covering
To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. If you have an appointment at a UnityPoint Health location, please wear a mask or face covering except for children under two years old, anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated or unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
To protect our patients, families and health care workers during the global outbreak of COVID-19 the following visitor restrictions are being implemented at UnityPoint Health – Grinnell.
Effective June 25, 2020, the following visitors are allowed:
- If a patient is imminently dying, two designated visitors are allowed.
- For patients in Emergency, Medical/Surgical, and Intensive Care units, one designated caregiver/visitor allowed.
- In Maternity Services, one designated caregiver/support person AND one designated doula are allowed in the labor and delivery room; following delivery, one designated caregiver/support person.
- The patient is a minor (under the age of 18), two designated caregivers (parents/legal guardians) will be allowed to be present in the room to support care of the patient.
- The patient is suffering from confusion or delirium, one designated caregiver may be present to support the care of the patient.
- For patients in Surgery, Clinics and Outpatient areas, one designated caregiver/visitor allowed.
- If a patient is COVID-19 positive or suspected to have COVID-19, visitors will not be allowed.
Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Designated caregivers and visitors must be free of any signs of illness. Individuals at high risk for severe disease (e.g., underlying cardiopulmonary disease, poorly controlled diabetes) should not visit.
Designated caregivers include, but are not limited to:
- Spouse/significant other
- Other defined caregiver
All visitors and caregivers:
- 16 years of age and older
- Always remain in patient room as appropriate
- Limit movement within the facility and avoid common areas
- Free from illness such as (fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting or runny nose)
- Follow instructions if personal protective equipment is required
Designated caregivers are required to wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand foam/gel upon entering and exiting patient's room. Team members will provide instructions if additional personal protective equipment (PPE) is required.
We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult for you. While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now limiting visitors is in the best interest of our patients and staff.
Thank you for your cooperation in this effort. For up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please click here or call 2-1-1.
Cancellations / Postponements / Closures / Location Updates
- Public Health services has moved back to their original location of the Light Center for Community Health, 306 Fourth Avenue., Grinnell.
- Health Information Management wants to make sure you have access to your medical records; visit MyUnityPoint to access your health information or call (515) 241-6306.
- Therapy Services have moved back to their original location of the Ahrens Medical Arts Building, 1st floor at 210 Fourth Ave., Grinnell.
- The Glass Gift Box gift shop is permanently closed.
- Pulmonary Rehab programs at GRMC are canceled until further notice.
- Cardiac Rehab programs are opening July 1st.
- Senior Education Programs (SEED) have been canceled until further notice.
- The Diabetes Support Group has been canceled until further notice.