Fort Dodge Stroke Club
The purpose of Stroke Club is to provide education and support to stroke survivors, their families and friends. The group meets at Trinity on the third Wednesday of each month at 11 a.m. and generally lasting for an hour. Monthly attendance varies but is usually around 15 people, and there are no membership dues. Stroke Club aims to:
- Empowers survivors to become independent and re-enter the community.
- Encourages families to practice what they have learned in rehabilitation.
- Provides a communication link between professionals and patients.
- Helps professionals better understand the needs of survivors.
- Offers stroke families crucial peer support.
- Helps survivors make lifestyle changes that reduce their risk of recurrent strokes.
Every other month, we have a speaker. We also have a time to share joys or concerns and socialize with others. Light refreshments are provided at each meeting.
Call (515) 574-6924 for more information regarding Stroke Club!