Warfarin, also known a Coumadin, and other blood thinner medications decrease the body's ability to form clots. A patient may take these medications after a stroke, Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), Heart Attack, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), or a Pulmonary Embolism (PE). Additional medical conditions that often utilize blood thinners include: Atrial Fibrillation, Aortic Valve Replacement, Antiphosolipid Syndrome, genetic clotting disorders or recent hip and knee surgery. INR (International Normalized Ratio) management is a blood thinner assessment test.
Our INR team works closely with your care team to ensure your INR levels are safe, either in your home, or at the UnityPoint Clinic Ambulatory INR.
Have questions, or need to schedule an appointment? Call (515) 574-6843
- Immediate, in-person results of a "finger stick" for the INR
- On the spot Warfarin dosing and blood thinner assessment
- Teaching and counseling services regarding various impacts to Warfarin therapy
- Adjust blood thinner medication due to procedures or events
- Coordination of care for travel
- In-home patient monitoring system*
* Specific conditions apply.