Choosing the right hospital for your heart care could be one of the most important decisions of your life. At UnityPoint Health – Trinity in Fort Dodge, Iowa, our cardiologists ensure you receive the best treatment right when you need it.
At Trinity, we don't see you as a diagnosis or an appointment. Instead, we treat you as the unique individual that you are. Our heart doctors listen to your concerns, answer your questions and help you understand your condition and treatment options.
Heart Care at Trinity: Conditions We Treat
UnityPoint Health – Trinity serves a large, rural section of northwest Iowa. The nearest hospital that can provide our services is 90 miles away, so you have care close to home at Trinity.
With a full spectrum of diagnostic and interventional services, our cardiology team can diagnose a wide variety of conditions including:
- Coronary artery disease: This condition happens when the major vessels supplying blood to the heart become narrowed or blocked by plaque buildup (fat deposits).
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction): A heart attack occurs when a blocked artery stops blood from reaching the heart and tissue begins to die. A heart attack is a medical emergency.
- Stroke: This condition happens when blood supply to the brain is blocked. A stroke can cause permanent brain damage and is a medical emergency.
- Arrhythmia: An abnormal heart rhythm is called an arrhythmia. The heart may beat too fast, too slow or irregularly.
- Heart failure: This condition causes the heart to stop pumping blood as well as it should.
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD): This condition occurs when arteries that carry blood to the limbs become narrowed and blood flow decreases.
- Carotid artery disease: This condition happens when arteries in the neck that supply blood to the brain begin to narrow, reducing blood flow.
- Aneurysms: An aneurysm is a weak spot in a blood vessel that can bulge and rupture.
- High blood pressure: Also called hypertension, high blood pressure happens when blood moving through the circulatory system puts too much force on the walls of the vessels, making the heart work harder.
- Pericarditis: This condition occurs when the membrane surrounding the heart (pericardium) becomes inflamed.
Our team works in conjunction with cardiologists from Iowa Heart Center to provide quality care right here in Fort Dodge. Our experts can treat many conditions using minimally invasive procedures in our cardiac catheterization lab and surgical suites. Your heart is in the right place at Trinity Regional Medical Center.
To learn more about our heart care services at UnityPoint Health – Trinity, call us today at (515) 573-3101.