Updates, Closings & Restrictions
Please Call Ahead Before Any Visit & Wear a Mask or Face Covering
To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. If you have an appointment at a UnityPoint Health location, please wear a mask or face covering except for children under two years old, anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated or unable to remove the mask without assistance.
UnityPoint Health – Trinity Regional Medical Center
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
We know visitors are very important to a patient's recovery. We want individuals to be safe while COVID-19 is still in our community. Because of this, as of Monday, July 20, 2020, the following visitor restrictions apply:
• All hospital inpatient visitors must sign in, be given a badge and be screened upon entry. All visitors must wear a mask during their entire visit. Visitors who cannot wear a mask will not be allowed to enter. All visitors must be over 18 years of age.
• Visitor hours have been restricted for 3N and CCU and are 11 a.m.-7 p.m. All visitors are required to check-in at nurse's station before entering the patient's room.
• Visitors must be free of illness (e.g. fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea or vomiting).
• Patients may have 1 visitor at a time. All visitors are encouraged to stay in the patient's room. However, they may go to the restroom, Café or Gift Shop, unless visiting a COVID positive or suspected patient.
Additionally, visitors may be allowed for COVID-19 positive, suspected or patients with test results pending, and during certain treatments. Each individual patient situation and visitation will be at the discretion of their care team. Visitors for COVID-19 patients will need to follow all PPE requirements and are not allowed to go to other areas of the hospital. Visitors will be assisted with putting on and the removal of PPE by nursing staff as appropriate.
Current UnityPoint Health – Fort Dodge visitor restrictions allow:
• Clinic Appointments: One visitor for adults and two visitors for pediatrics.
• Adult Inpatients (3N, CCU, and OB): One visitor/support person at a time.
• Pediatrics: Two parents/guardians at a time.
• Emergency Room: One visitor/support person (does not change out) – must stay in room.
• Surgical and procedural patients: Patients will be allowed one visitor for outpatient surgeries. The visitor will remain in the patient's room during surgery.
• End-of-Life (expected within 24 hours): Two visitors/support persons around the clock – encouraged to stay in room
• Paula J Baber Hospice Home: Two visitors total in a 24-hour period.
• Clergy: Clergy is allowed for patients requesting clergy visitation for spiritual support.
• Interpreters: In-person interpreters are permissible if deemed important for patient communication.
In addition, UnityPoint at Home Medical Equipment stores
are open to walk-in traffic. Both stores have the same hours of operations 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. All customers are asked to wear a face covering when coming into the store. If they do not have one, one will be provided.
Restricted Visitor Entrances
Entrance C is closed at this time. Please enter using the Main Entrance or Entrance B.
Limited Valet Services
Until further notice our Valet team will not park patient or visitor cars. However, we will continue to provide wheelchair assistance when needed. This is to protect our visitors and Valet team from possible contact, as well as transmitting, the COVID-19 virus from one vehicle to another, and each other. Patients may be dropped off at the Main Entrance or Entrance B, someone will be there to greet and provide a wheelchair if needed.
Procedures, Surgeries and Non-Essential Services
UnityPoint Health providers and leaders in Iowa have been diligently working on identifying specific criteria to resume elective procedures. We continue to develop operational plans to resume elective procedures that prioritize the health and safety of our team members, patients and communities. As we plan, we are also making considerations around conservation of supplies, testing and PPE.
Patients whose procedures or appointments that were cancelled because of COVID-19, can expect a phone call from their provider's office regarding their care when there is scheduling availability. Some patients will be expected to be tested for COVID-19 48 hours prior to their procedure and remain quarantined up to the time the service is provided.
Trinity Retail Pharmacy
Trinity Retail Pharmacy is offering pharmacy curbside pickup at the Main Entrance of the hospital, as well as mail-order delivery services for routine medication refills. For curbside pick-up please call in advance and you will be given instructions. For prescriptions to be mailed to your home, please allow a seven-day turn-around.
Trinity Retail Pharmacy will continue to offer store prescription services Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., as well as our "meds-to-beds" prescription delivery service to patients being discharged from care.
Please contact Trinity Retail Pharmacy at (515) 574-6588 with any questions or requests.
UnityPoint Clinic – Fort Dodge
In our effort to reduce community spread of COVID-19, we are asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic.
- Pediatric Appointments: Only 2 support people, no siblings.
- Adult Appointments: Only 1 support person, if needed.
All visitors/support people must be in good health (no fever, runny nose or cough during the last 7 days) and must be 16 years of age or older (including siblings).
Remember to wash and sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting a patient's room. Cover your cough with a tissue or your sleeve. Those with a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms MUST use mask.
Additional Information and Alerts
All Classes, Meetings and Events Have Been Canceled Until Further Notice